ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decisions Decisions

1.8 Civic EX
I can't make up my mind on what to do...

I had a ProSpeed fitted in Aug 07 (340 mile round trip ish)

6 months later it developed a crack in one of the welds so I went back and got it fixed (another 340 miles!)

Now another of the welds has gone (the hanger welded to the back box) and it look a state so I think I'll need a new back box too this time.

So here's the dilemma, do i do the further 340 mile round trip to get it "fixed" AGAIN and risk it breaking again in the future, or do i cut my losses and do one of the following...

Kwick Fit - Cat back system £315

K-Tech (about a 200mile round trip) - £350 ish

I'm thinking the K Tech one.....

1.8 Civic EX
phoned k tech will actually be more like £400 to supply and fit :(

Still thinking thats my best option though.

Anyone wanna lend me some money? lol

cock mobile.
Doesn't prospeed offer a long / life guarantee?

If so, get money back, or get them to fix it again, at their expense (ie petrol) plus compensation.

1.8 Civic EX
Doesn't prospeed offer a long / life guarantee?

If so, get money back, or get them to fix it again, at their expense (ie petrol) plus compensation.

don't really want it fixed again, lossing faith in the system to be honest. It is a lifetime guarantee though, in all honesty what's the chances they'll give me my money back? very slim i feel....

last time i went up it was fixed for free and i was given £25 towards petrol which was nice but certainly not enough to do the whole journey...

can't really be going with 340 miles every 6 months to get it fixed as I don't use the car much and I have a limited milage job on my insurance

cock mobile.
Well tbh I'd want my money back then, £340 plus the petrol for trips is a lot of money down the bin imo.

1.8 Civic EX
true true...maybe a phone call is in order..

I'm just one of those people that just want things sorted if you know what I mean, potentially much less hassle to bin it off and get a completely new one...

BMW E46 330i Touring
Have you talked directly to Charlie? The general consensus seems to be that if he fits your exhaust, the quality's much better.

Don't just give up on them because it's had a couple problems. Yes, it's disappointing but at least give them a call and explain the situation. It's an awful lot of money to throw away replacing it.

If you do get a KTec, I'll buy your 'broken' Prospeed exhaust!

Evo 6, E92 320d
If the whole exhaust system they fitted has developed faults they should replace the whole thing.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Surely just get a local welder to put it back together, you'll have the back box off in 20 mins... leave it with them to weld it back in place.. spend another 20 mins re-installing - Job done ;)

1.8 Civic EX
Surely just get a local welder to put it back together, you'll have the back box off in 20 mins... leave it with them to weld it back in place.. spend another 20 mins re-installing - Job done ;)

tried that last time, local place said they couldn't do it as it was such a state. i know chuff all about welds so couldn't comment

too much dollar for the system in the first place, then i'd have to look for somewhere to fit it...

1.8 Civic EX
how much you willing to pay?

If the guarantee can be transferred to me... £150ish. A fully working exhaust I'd expect to pay £200-250 2nd hand?

in that case your outta luck, i remember when i had done he said it's non transferable. it's what i would call a "performance" exhaust on mine anyway as it's exact match to standard re bore size etc as i wanted it to be quiet, just a replacement for my standard one that went on me

BMW E46 330i Touring
Bugger, thought they'd do something like that. I suppose they know most people won't bother keeping an exhaust for life, thus making the lifetime guarantee pretty void...

I'd want something quiet anyway as mine is corroded so just need something OEM. If you do decide to go KTec then let me know buddy - I may be able to take it somewhere local abd get it welded up. Failing everything else, I'm only an hour from Cardiff.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
phoned k tech will actually be more like £400 to supply and fit :(

Still thinking thats my best option though.

Anyone wanna lend me some money? lol

Get one mail ordered, then fit it yourself/have alocal garage fit it?! Thus saving traveling

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
May take 2nd dibs on the exhaust mate if you get shot if ads_172 doesnt take it, i'm in surrey too, think you was down surrey rolling road when i was there mate?

1.8 Civic EX
May take 2nd dibs on the exhaust mate if you get shot if ads_172 doesnt take it, i'm in surrey too, think you was down surrey rolling road when i was there mate?

yup i was indeed.

I'm booked in at k tech for this coming friday. If one of you two 100% definately want it then i'll keep hold of it for ya. Must be definate though as I ain't gonna keep it laying around in my garage.

I'll be honest i don't think it's worth £150 personally so the first to give me £100 can have it..