ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declaring Mods

What is everyones opinion on declaring mods to insurance companies?

would you declaire absolutely everything or just the significant stuff?

I personally have after market induction and back box that are both declared but I was wondering peoples views on what you can and cant get away with??

Tom

Well I would say decalre everything as insurance companies will do everything to get out of paying and if you hit a porsche your buggered!!

On the other hand I chipped my last car and upped the boost:devilish:and forgot to let the insurance company know! but the chip could be unplugged in seconds from the passenger footwell, if i was in a bad prang id have been buggered!

Golf GTTDI 130PD

I have declared everything on my insurance-pain in the arse that it is. The slightest thing can void your insurance if you dont mention it and I would hate to be in that position.

declare it mate, i know its a pain but you will end up in a whole world of sh*t if something happens and you havnt. thats even if you are hit by others as their insurance company will say it wasnt covered with the mods and you shouldnt have been on the road at all

Ive been paying so much anyway I just though feck it and declared *everything*.

Even down to non-standard badges, wooden parcel shelf etc etc... :confused:

Theyll try and wriggle out of paying you the best they can so make sure youve got it covered beforehand!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Iv declaired most stuff, but like paul said unless they strip the engine they aint gonna know if its got cams in or not ;)

ur supposed to do everythign arent you. but i wouldnt bother with most stuff. i told them about my sideskirts and front splitter, but didnt bother about the fact that i removed my door strips and debadged it. i cant really see the point. they made me pay a extra £150 so when i got my alloys i didnt bother at first. finally yesterday decided to tell them cos cant relaly risk not getting my no-claims bonus in august and all they wanted was £13.13 to cover the administartion costs. bloody stupid i can never work them out.

I just dont bother telling them sh*t.... From experience they dont even check your car for suspention etc etc.... It sits in storage for ages before anyone goes to see it and you just remove ur induction and exhaust say the exhaust fell off and thats it.....

i would never bother with telling them about dropping it, u just say u werent told when u bought it and didnt realise, just say u though the suspension was a bit dodgy if they asked to many questions.

CIS dont care about anything thats not altering the engine. Induction and exhausts dont count either.

Paul

CIS is damn good for younguns. (How old do I sound?!) Especially the way they insure you to drive anything else Third Party as standard. (Or they used to...?)

Plenty fun when your mates get new cars! :)

trouble is CISs quotes are double what everyone elses are.

Ive been told liverpool victoria dont put the premium up unless its anything to do with the engine too.

and their quotes are the cheepest around!

i declared my back box yesterday but they said for alloys it would be at least 25% of my premium (premium bein £505) arse rapin!

I just renewed my insurance today.Ive been thinking about lowering my car, so out of interest I asked if it would add to my premium.All they asked me is what the mod was and how much it would cost to do.I told them about £150 so they put it down as valued under £250.It would have cost an additional £7.50 on my premium!

i dont bother telling them sh*t ! i pay enough for my insurance as it is,dont wanna be ripped off any more ! ill just say i bought the car like this , i thought it was all standard ;)

Elise/VX220/R26

even direct line dont check mods and they have their own garage services. Insurers dont check mods that closely, they just want you to think they do.

clio 20v

my girlfriends car just went to direct line after being stolen to be repaired suffice to say they voided her insurnace for mods not declared

they said they would have still payed out if shed had payed them what was oweing for the mods shed fitted but as she is only 19 they wouldnt have covered her with them mods so they cancelled her policy

lowereing was a big 1 they picked up on and they noticed absolutely evrything even that it had gti bumpers which are same as originals just colour coded