ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Defrosting' the MCS

Had to defrost the Mini this morning - thought i would just get a little sound clip of what it sounds like cold.

Stopped just as it started to pop as i couldnt pull myself to hit the limiter from cold :(

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/STCmYcgZ0vM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/STCmYcgZ0vM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Edit..

It actually sounds good on my PC - pointless thread =[

It id a 1st Gen Cooper S, and yes it will pop and bang on overrun - somthing to do with the map they come with in the UK, however in the US they don't pop and bang.

It is supercharged, and yea the sound is abit different from that turbo woosh - however, it is addictive and quick :)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've driven two & didn't think they were really that quick. 60 is low 7's iiirc.

Me either

My little brother had one and the noise from the SC was alreet, but felt much slower than my 172.. probably all the extra weight of German tat it's carrying :p

Power steering pump is louder than the SC most of the time too :p

PH1 172 Sport
The turbo one is much quicker BUT its a real fucker to keep in a straight line. It needs 100% concentration to drive it hard as the torque steer is ridiculus. Its suppossed to be much better with the LSD but my girlfirends dad didn't tick that option when he got hers for her as he forgot!! I dont think the run flats help the handling much either.

I still love driving it though mainly because of the instant torque you get from the turbo but if I want a real B-Road blast I would still take the clio, although with some good tyres and a LSD I think the mini would be a different animal. Build quality wise though I think everyone on here knows what one is better.....

The run flat tyres on the 17" alloys do cause it tramline a fair bit. I have never been in a 172/182 so i can't compare the quickness - however, i do love how the supercharger allows it to pull like a train in any gear at any point.

and lol @ the p/s pump noise :p Yes it is loud outside of the car - but not noticable inside. Get it past 3k RPM and the supercharger drowns it out :)

MCS R56
Hmmmm....Tarantino ain't got $hit on you when it come to film! Complete waste of time, effort and fuel. But if you are having fun, fair enough. Sounds pretty average to me.

I've driven two & didn't think they were really that quick. 60 is low 7's iiirc.

Me either

My little brother had one and the noise from the SC was alreet, but felt much slower than my 172.. probably all the extra weight of German tat it's carrying :p

Power steering pump is louder than the SC most of the time too :p
Knowsit about the ps pump mate - ''eeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'' I flippin hate that noise.

Turbos.
LOL at the haters, stuck in their ways.

Renault could learn a lesson, all of the Minis make a bit of a fruity noise... the 182s do nothing.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Yea. Its not my car :)

hope your parents know who to blame when it goes pop lol, swear if i have kids and still have my rx7 if they go near my car and rev it like that i will be stretching their ass over my blitz nur spec and taking them for a drive!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at the haters, stuck in their ways.

Renault could learn a lesson, all of the Minis make a bit of a fruity noise... the 182s do nothing.

I don't have a 182 :p

My 172 makes plenty of noise.. pops and bangs.. sets car alarms off

There not fast fast, but nippy. They just have potential due to that thing strapped on the engine =] WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (s/c noise ¬_¬)

MCS R56
There not fast fast, but nippy. They just have potential due to that thing strapped on the engine =] WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (s/c noise ¬_¬)

The noise is pi$h. And what does nippy actually mean? 1.2's are supposidly nippy, therefore the Mini must be fairly rubbish if it's just nippy.

The noise is pi$h. And what does nippy actually mean? 1.2's are supposidly nippy, therefore the Mini must be fairly rubbish if it's just nippy.

Im guessing you hate Minis.

2 posts now that have been pretty pointless. Comparing a 170bhp car to a 75bhp because they are supposidly 'nippy'.

You know what i mean, stop being a complete arse about it.

PH1 172 Sport
No, they aren't. A standard gen2 will gradually, but def pull away from a gen1.

Yeah my GF has had both and the Gen 2 is definately a bit quicker. On the rollers most of the Gen 2's have been making more horse power then BMW state as well.