ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DEH P70BT (HU with Bluetooth)

ITR UKDC2

REALLY!

do you have any pics???

does the bluetooth work well??? does it cut in when a call comes through.

i have a nokia 6600 and a SE k750i

where is the mic to speak into???

is the sound quality good???

£250 is a good price ................ seen them going for like £300 in some shops

Yeah £250 is a good price.... I paid £277.49 when i got mine. Not got any pics as yet tho.

It works really well though. I love mine! You just link your phone via bluetooth to the stereo and then whenever u get a call it cuts your music off and rings. You get supplied with a little remote control for the steering wheel that u can use to answer the phone and control your stereo.

The mic comes with a clip to attach it to wherever just plugs into the back of the stereo and comes with loads of cable so you can run it. Ive got mine mounted at the bottom of the instrument binnacle and its perfect.

One of the coolest things is that you can copy contacts stored on your phone to your stereo and then you can dial them using the menu on the stereo.

Sound quality is typical Pioneer. Excellent unless youre seriously into car stereo but i personally can not fault it.

I would advice everyone to get one of these. Its an amazing piece of kit!

ITR UKDC2

WICKED mate, thanks for that!!!

sounds perfect!! Pioneers sound great i think ive had 3 OEL models and they have all been good to me

if you could get some pics it would be great!!!

the contacts lists sounds very nice..............can you text from the head unit??

does it stick out much???

So there is nothing you need to buy to add to the headunit it all comes with the bits needed??

its a face off one too right???

What phone have you got that you connect to it................and is the headunit lock from others i.e. none can access your headunit with out a 4 digit code?

LOL SORRY TO Ask you all these questions................im bouncing up and down!!! iwant i want!

TT 225

Ive been looking at getting one of these for a few weeks now too but didnt know anyone else that had one.

Now im even more tempted

ITR UKDC2

same here kelly!

i can feel a group buy coming :D

new image car hifi are the cheapest around!!!

they are 1000m down my GF road.......i have bought 3 headunits from them. they do price match but i think they are the cheapest!

I dont think you can text from the HU... itd take ages anyway!

Size-wise its no bigger than any other headunit. For all the features its got i expected it to be bigger but its exactly the same size as any other Pioneer.

Yeah its a face off but i dunno if it has the four digit PIN thing... ive not explored that deeply yet!

My phone is a motorola v635 but ive also connected my works mobile (a motorola v600) and my missus phone (a samsung d500) and they all work perfectly!

Ill try and get some pics later on but im playing footie straight from work and then goin out after so it might be 2moz.

ITR UKDC2

it cool dude no rush with the pics, just when ever you can ...........would be intresting to see it in a car.

if you could take some pics from the side of it so i can see how much it sticks out from the dash. as you say its probably not much.

im guessing when you turn on the bluetooth on the phone it just finds the headunit.

Thanks!!!

Yeah you have to join them first (which is dead easy) so that they know each other and then on my phone all you do is just turn on the bluetooth and then connect to the stereo which shows as a stored device.

You should definitely get one dude... its the best stereo out there by a MILE!

1.8 Civic EX

if only it lit up green :( would stand out sooo much in my car in that blue....take it you cant alter the colour at all??

1.8 Civic EX

Ive changed my dials tho, all light up green and as much as you guys hate them I have green neons too so I think that blue might look a tad out of place, although i suppose i could start it playing then just close the little lid thing over the top....

Sorry dudes but no you cant alter the colour. The blue looks really cool tho! Especially with the OEL display.

TT 225

Quote: Originally posted by Zorba_the_greek on 03 August 2005

i think it would look cool in the blue colour.

i got red dials in the cupra

I got red dials in the coupe! lol

ITR UKDC2

still think it would be cool.......

really want one just want to wait till i see some pics of it in a car.

I was about to splash out like £80 for a blue tooth thingy for the car.

but then i came aross this bad boy

i cant find it anywhere cheaper then at new image car hifi.

are you going to get one do you think Kelly???

TT 225

Yea - i have the DEH-P77MP at the moment with the white LEDs - figure if i sell that, the money ill get plus the cost of what it would of cost for a hands free kit will make it worth while.

Does that make sense? LOL

I want one now though - im so impatient hehe

ITR UKDC2

i can maybe drop it on friday see if they can do a deal if we get more then one.

if not they are still way cheaper then anywere else.

Kelly i think Halford do price matching.................go to your local and show them New imagess price.

that way you will not have to wait for it to be sent :)

might get mine in a week or two

Yo

The mic plugs into a headphone type socket on the back of the head unit.

I mounted mine in front of the instrument binnacle and then ran the lead through a gap in the dash to the back of the unit. I have a Focus otherwise id tell you exactly where to run it... sorry!

Fitting was really easy! I had mine all done and up and running on my lunch hour at work!

Give me a shout if you need any more help

Si

Hi,

I want to fit it myself but dont want to have to take the dash to bits to get the microphone fitted properly. I will see when it arrives. There must be a gap somewhere where I can run the mic and run it from the back of the unit up and under the dash perhaps.

Cheers.

Rowdy.

TT 225

Not sure if you saw my post in clio chat, didnt get to Halfrauds at weekend, I went for drinkies over to Leeds lol

Have just ordered one though :D Ill let you know how I get on when it turns up!

Clio 182

just brought 1 after following this thread, delivered today but i was at work :(. will get it from post office 2morow and fit after work. Had to ebay the nan tho cos I couldnt wait till pay day !! Dont worry tho ive got another nan !!:) saving her for the amp ! !

ive always had pioneers, nothing else. No doubt this will be another quality piece of kit. Bluetooth feature sold it to me in the end, just what I need I think those head set things are slightly camp, And they fall out my ear.

TT 225

Mines sat at home waiting for me too! Luckily someone was home to take delivery. Shall fit it tonight :D

Clio 182

Ive Fitted it, but cant get the phone to work properly. (Nokia 6600) It connects fine, but when I try to download the phone book, it just disconnects itself from my phone. In the manual it says some phones dont support downloading the phone book in one hit, I managed to do a few contacts 1 at a time which worked. I can dial people from the head unit, but when they answer, the voice just comes out the phone still and not through the head unit. Dont know if its using the mic either. Any ideas? On the pioneer website it does say my phone is supported.

My phone book entries wouldnt work if i copied them directly from the phone.. they had to be copied from the SIM card.

As for the sound coming from the phone... it sounds like its not connected right to the Bluetooth. Have u registered it and exchanged PINs (or whatever theyre called) between the 2?

Clio 182

yep registered the phone with the pin code and setup the pairing done it a few times, switched both phone / unit off and on, im going to try my mates phone 2night (different model) and see if I can get that working. I might try and find a mate wiv a 6600 and give that ago.

Ford Fiesta ST2

Quote: Originally posted by oneeighttwo on 11 August 2005

yep registered the phone with the pin code and setup the pairing done it a few times, switched both phone / unit off and on, im going to try my mates phone 2night (different model) and see if I can get that working. I might try and find a mate wiv a 6600 and give that ago.
Sounds like your phone is not seeing the headunit as a headset. Check the headset settings on your phone.

Clio 182

looks like my bluetooth does not work properly a I tried with a ear set thing and that did not work either !! Head unit worked with my mate Motorola V6 or whatever it was.

Looking for a new phone now with bluetooth!! cant ugrade yet cos im not at the end of my contract.

Bugger that was the main feature I brought the head unit for !!!

TT 225

Mine works :D Sony Ericsson K750i

The sound is dead quiet for the person on the other end though - ill read the manual at weekend lol.

Re: the phonebook - mine wouldnt transfer over either - but I only tried the send all contacts bit.

Might spend a bit more time at weekend actually doing what the book tells me

1.8 Civic EX

stop posting on this thread!! your going to make me go out and buy one even tho there is nothing wrong with my current HU!!! I want it!! I want it!!

Just one question tho, my car has a few subs, amps, comp,s etc, would the person talking on the other end be able to hear themselves cos the mic is picking up thier own voice from the all the speakers??!?!

Is it just a simple case of getting an adaptor to play the ipod through the stereo?

Just bought a JVC avc-x1 unit but the bluetooth feature is rather bling :D may consider getting one of these if its ipod compatible.

Clio 182

Pretty sure the ipod is compatable. My mates giving me his old sony ericsson, so I should be trying out the bluetooth phone again by mid next week. Now ive changed my head unit I want to swap out the standard speakers! Its never ending !!! The MP3 browing and playing is spot on too. Really easy to scroll through the albums. Cant beleive halfords are flogging it at 400. I paid 279 delivered.