ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deisel Tuning?

Clio 1.9 Tdi
just recently bought a clio 1.9 dti. Done a quick search on deisels however not found much. I want to know what my options are for tuning it. The re-map is the obvious one but what else?

hoping to get the team dynamics pro race 1.2's in black and lower it 60mm within the next few weeks, being on first year aprenticeship wage moneys tight.

all suggestions welcome, i will post pics of my car when i get chance,

thanks, mal.

Renault Clio 1.9 Si DTi
Hi, I just found this site and had to join,,

I have got a Clio Si Dti 1.9 that I have owned for 3 years, the first thing you need to know about these cars is that they only made them for 6-12 months so a lotof parts that fit other clio models don't fit these.

They are a bog standard diesel injection with a turbo rather than the newer dci models which have the common rail diesel injection which is better.

The remap will give you around 20bhp more so you'll be up to 100bhp and have plenty of torque.

You can change the exhaust, something that I have done,,it seems to have made a bit of a difference and doesn't sound to bad either.

I have also replaced the standard air filter with an induction kit but that was crap and made the car sound like a tractor, so I ended up getting a K&N panel filter which I found through POTN worked out about £40 but I think it makes a difference.

Anyway hope this helps and it's nice to finally find someone who has the same car as me as they are pretty rare.

P.S. does your car have an electric sunroof and if so do you have any leaking when it rains.

Renault Clio 1.9 Si DTi
Hi, Thamar, thanks for the tip, I have tried so many things to sort this out.

It has already had a new sunroof when I bought the car because the electrics had gone in the last one and I just had the car serviced yesterday and the garage said they could not do anything with it and that I would have to go to renault for a new sunroof...I can't afford that and from what I've already had from renault in the past I know the price would be stupid as all they seem to do is rip people off. So if I can fix the problem myself I would be over the moon and then I wouldn't feel so much like I just wasted £600 on new lenso RS5 wheels which I'm reluctant to fit until I figure out if I'm keeping the car or not.

Renaultsport Clio 197
whats the deisel?

Vin Deisel

689810687_small.jpg

clio dci
Re: Diesel Tuning?

hi.i recently bought a clio 1 dti si,hoping to use it to tow my r5,but it doesnt feel like it would have enough torque for the job.i have been looking to increase the power/torque.but havent had much luck..
does anyone know of any cheaper options to achieving this,will any of them plugin boxes work with this model?or is a expensive remap the only way.

Re: Diesel Tuning?

I have got a Clio Si Dti 1.9 that I have owned for 3 years, the first thing you need to know about these cars is that they only made them for 6-12 months so a lotof parts that fit other clio models don't fit these.

They are a bog standard diesel injection with a turbo rather than the newer dci models which have the common rail diesel injection which is better.
Common rail ins't perfect by a long way DTI tech has a lot of advanatgs,
hi.i recently bought a clio 1 dti si,hoping to use it to tow my r5,but it doesnt feel like it would have enough torque for the job.i have been looking to increase the power/torque.but havent had much luck..
does anyone know of any cheaper options to achieving this,will any of them plugin boxes work with this model?or is a expensive remap the only way.
Have a read up on the fuel pumps easy enough to up the fuel delivery.

Renault Clio 1.9 Si DTi
I am getting my ecu remapped next week so my tunning box will e for sale if anyone is interested, must say though that the box gives about a 20bhp increase where a remap will give roughly 32bhp and the tuning box tends to cause the car to use more fuel even if they claim they don't.

Out of curiosity, what top speeds are you guys getting out of the 1.9 dti as the most I can get is 115mph , the book speed is 110mph.

also edde do you have any suggestions on how I can further improve the performance as you seem very knowledgeable on most models.

clio dci
i struggle to get to 100 mph tbh.do any of you guys know what boost it should be running at and what revs should full boost be at,cause i hooked up a gauge to mine and it takes quite a while to reach full boost.
can you up the fuel delivery on the fuel pump?i know its something you could do on early 306 d turbos,but i didn't think it would be possible on this model,i will do my research..i would be grateful for any tips edde.:)

truant2000-pm sent vbmenu_register("postmenu_3807926", true);