ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

deleted file help.

Mk4 .:R32
My computer recently got a virus and had to be completely reset from scratch. iam not very good with computers but is there a way which i can get my photo's, music and text files back that were stored on the computer? i just logged back on and everything has been deleted including programmes and games :(. My dad said that its impossible to completely delete anything from a computer as it is stored in hard drives etc, not sure if he's right though lol?

Also i need to get a decent antivirus, would you recommend any? i herd Norton is good?

cheers

RS 172Cup(SOLD); R26 Meg
ntfs studio is another one, but you need to recover the files to a seperate drive or you run the risk of overwritting the hidden storage locations with the new data you recover.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yeah like said above it is possible to recover files with software, they may not all wok though.

Failing that, find a small computer services company to do it for you, it will cost you but if you really want your files back, then it might be worth it.

With regards to anti-virus, the free AVG is very good http://free.grisoft.com/. I get updates everyday and it has a virus scanner and email scanner.

For adware, I use AdAware 207 free version. It doesn't monitor your pc for adware like AVG does for viruses but it'll scan your computer well, use it every week or two if you use the internet lots.