ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell computers....

182 - Now Cooper S
I doubt any integrated card will be "good" for gaming.

You'd want a high end card.. and depending on the games you want to play, and how "high quality" you want it, probably about £200 -> £300 on the graphics card alone.

Fiat Panda 100hp
hey dude. If you want to play the latest counter strike (source) then that PC just want hack it. Its pants, for starts dont buy a dell, and dont get on board graphics if you want to play games etc.

Get a pc with a graphics card which is at least 256mb and also make sure you have at least 512mb of RAM.

182 - Now Cooper S
http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/desktops_Q2_W7_dimen_5150_D06516?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

what about this one then:

Graphic Card
help.gif
javascript:winopen('/content/learnm...S,SCROLLBARS=YES,TOOLBAR=YES,LEFT=0,TOP=20');​
256MB PCI ExpressT ATI RadeonT X600 Hypermemory

Better than before, yep.

Good enough? I guess that'll depend on the game etc..

I don't play games at all on PC.

rogan said:
hey dude. If you want to play the latest counter strike (source) then that PC just want hack it. Its pants, for starts dont buy a dell, and dont get on board graphics if you want to play games etc.

Get a pc with a graphics card which is at least 256mb and also make sure you have at least 512mb of RAM.

dell pc's arnt crap dell are alienware remember ;)

Dell Computers are great in terms of "out of the box".
For office use (which most people use them for), it's very difficult to beat them.. hence why if you go into any company now, 8 times out of 10, they'll have at least one Dell PC :p

In terms of price, it's quite difficult to build a like for like PC yourself and it be cheaper than a Dell.. once you add in all the warrenty etc..

Gaming PC? Well.. that's why they bought Alienware.. to get that market :)

Octavia VRS
I got a Dell a few months ago with an ATI Radeon X600 256MB DVI Graphics Card and it seems ok. I got a really good deal through work that's why I went for Dell. A 3 year warranty was too good to turn down too.

182 - Now Cooper S
Thats for the help guys... particually:

172 Cup
barley182 said:
Thats for the help guys... particually:

You want atleast 1gig of ram these days and don't assume every graphics card with 256mb onboard is decent.

My 7800GT and a £30 FX5200 both have 256mb but there's bit of a differance between the two cards.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
.Griff. said:
You want atleast 1gig of ram these days and don't assume every graphics card with 256mb onboard is decent.

My 7800GT and a £30 FX5200 both have 256mb but there's bit of a differance between the two cards.

oi! i have one of those, served me very well over the years :) had it quite a while... runs command and conquer ok for me ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i love the c&c series... still playing them today. only got tiberium sun and generals now...

Octavia VRS
I would have built a PC but I didn't have the time to source the parts and build it. It probably wouldn't have been much cheaper than what I paid for the Dell and there's that warranty as well.

Fiat Panda 100hp
you get warrenty with all the parts. + u dont have to pay for the delivery and the maintance carried out on it.