ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell Inspirion Laptop - Battery Issue/Query

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I was using my Dell Inspiron laptop off the battery on Saturday. I left the room and when I came back to the computer it had run out of charge. When I plugged in the charger and turned it back on, the screen was black and showed a message saying "the battery cannot be detected, press any key to continue".

There are also a couple of "PF" key functions available (which I can't remember at the moment as I'm at work without access to my laptop).

Anyone got any ideas how to solve this so that the screen no longer appears?

Octy VRS
Not meaning to state the obvious but is the battery connected properly? I had the same problem the other week and when I turned it over one side was not connected. My son had knocked it and one of the 2 clips had moved.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I've checked that the battery is connected properly and all appears fine. Going to fit a mate's Dell Inspiron battery to see if his battery is recogised to see if there is a fault with the battery.