ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell XPS 720 specced up....

Leon Cupra R 225
Just been on Dell.co.uk and specced up what I think is their best desktop pc they do, the XPS 720 gaming machine. I selected it and specced it up 1.5TB hard drive, 4GB memory, nvidia 8800 GTX graphics card, and also £186 worth of logitech speakers. It came with quad core processor too.

However, no monitor included and it came to £3,500 approx!!! Can I get a pc with similar spec for under a grand that I can say buy the parts and get it built up?

I've got an alright dell dimension at the mo (2gb ram, 500gb hard drive) but I want more after I re-installed Halo for the 1st time last nite in 2 years I realised I'm want a better gaming machine. I don't want to upgrade the pc I've got now as my dad has offered to buy it off me....:)

Ideally don't want to build a whole pc having never attempted it before, but may be willing to if I can get a monster spec server for a grand or under

no the graphics card is £400 lol you can get a slower machine thats still fast yes but nowt that will beat that (without overclocking) for under 1k

Leon Cupra R 225
no the graphics card is £400 lol you can get a slower machine thats still fast yes but nowt that will beat that (without overclocking) for under 1k

lol £400..:eek:

so how much do you think it would take to pretty much be there or there abouts on par with the fully specced beast. although for 3.5k it did have liquid cooling, which I wouldn't be that bothered about

Cupra
The XPS's are expensive machines for what you get.... You can definitely save a lot by building your own.

Leon Cupra R 225
Bout 1500 quid

nvidia 8800 gtx, intel quad core, 1TB(with space for more) storage, 4 GB ram , prob vista aswell, basic is fine - for £1500 ish if I build myself?

not in need of monitor, speakers or any other peripherals. just a new server

Leon Cupra R 225
nvidia 8800 gtx, intel quad core, 1TB(with space for more) storage, 4 GB ram , prob vista aswell, basic is fine - for £1500 ish if I build myself?

not in need of monitor, speakers or any other peripherals. just a new server

Why'd you need a GTX for a server? :p

Try www.overclockers.co.uk for the spec you want

lol it's early.. :S

I'll have a look on there and see if it's something I can do :S

Cupra
The processor prices drop around the 20th of this month too.... worth waiting as it is so close by.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
yeah i'd say the quad core chip and GTX cad will be your main expenses tbh...much better for OC'ing a 6600 to 3.0ghz getting a GTX if u want and that would be more like 1k...

Leon Cupra R 225
The processor prices drop around the 20th of this month too.... worth waiting as it is so close by.

ooh really, is it a significant amount? it'll be a few months until I'm ready to invest the money into doing it, as I don't want to get a part every month etc, rather just do the lot all at once so I'm not waiting around for ages to get back online etc

Leon Cupra R 225
yeah i'd say the quad core chip and GTX cad will be your main expenses tbh...much better for OC'ing a 6600 to 3.0ghz getting a GTX if u want and that would be more like 1k...

cheers fella :)

good to know I can get a decent spec for well under Dell's ridiculous price.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Sad c**t keep the one you have got and use the 3,500 to buy 4,00 cans of beer and a few prozzies

Leon Cupra R 225
Sad c**t keep the one you have got and use the 3,500 to buy 4,00 cans of beer and a few prozzies

I drink enough beer and don't need a prozzie if you get my drift ;)

Judging by the comments made about you on this forum, your the sad ****

Enjoy your infraction! :)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
did you read the post at all and not notice I'm looking to spend under half that to get a similar spec.

you retarded numpty.

Joels just bitter because he has a big chin and someone burnt out his Civic and he is still paying for it LOL

curious why he even reads post like this if all he's going to do is slate the poster....

anyway mate. best of forgetting quad core as i said, you won't notice it. it's all about a good cpu with an Excellent g card