ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent removal from roof?

Golf R
anyone know of anyone that can do this?

some monkey (drunk i am guessing) mistook my trophy for a public footpath and walked over the car. three footprints and a small rippled crease (about a foot and a half long) in my roof. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i'm based in bedfordshire, but happy to travel for someone thats decent

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
have you just tried to bang it from underneath/ inside, the roof is quite flexible and should just pop out

Sorry to here this fella. Your not having much luck at the moment:(

I know a bloke for dent removal, ex Aaston Martin, i'll give you a bell sometime.

Steve.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
have you just tried to bang it from underneath/ inside, the roof is quite flexible and should just pop out

Dents never ever pop out. They always require gentle massaging and eventually work their way back to normal shape.

well had someone kick the front of my old clio and the dent just popped out when i banged it from inside. :star: maybe my hands are just naturally massaging :rasp:

Clio 182
Hi,
Chips-away if they can be bothered to answer their phones or Dent devils would be a good choice, Halfrauds also deal with a company called shine who can do dent removal aswell!

Rich :)

Golf R
cheers for the replies guys..... will give it a clean at the weekend and assess the full extent of the damage and then make some calls and see what can be done. appreciate the quick replies though :star:

Williams20V-306BHP
i hope its not creased or like fread said it will be £££ the roof is the worse pallel to repair on e car. My mate works at Elite car bodyshop. there Baised in Milton Keynes on BleakHall Industrial estate. Might be worth poping in there and asking.

Flan

Golf R
i hope its not creased or like fread said it will be £££ the roof is the worse pallel to repair on e car. My mate works at Elite car bodyshop. there Baised in Milton Keynes on BleakHall Industrial estate. Might be worth poping in there and asking.

Flan

if you can give me contact details (by pm if you like) that'll be appreciated..... it's not a massive crease/dent, but you know how much the roofs flex even when you're just washing/drying the car!

Golf R
if its creased then you will be needing to get your wallet out!

you're not wrong..... :dapprove:

does anyone know how easy roof linings (front half only) come off? i have conflicting information as to whether they are heavily glued all over or just round the edges.

any help appreciated! :)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I had some dents removed from my 172 roof.

In the time it took to make the guy a coffee they were gone.

No need to remove lining.

106 GTi
If you want a second opinion call Kev Hicks, one of the only people I would trust to work on my own cars. He is based in Swindon, but will travel or you can go to him and he really knows his stuff. He has done work for other CS members - 07836 534538

Golf R
If you want a second opinion call Kev Hicks, one of the only people I would trust to work on my own cars. He is based in Swindon, but will travel or you can go to him and he really knows his stuff. He has done work for other CS members - 07836 534538

Thanks Rich :D

Golf R
I had some dents removed from my 172 roof.

In the time it took to make the guy a coffee they were gone.

No need to remove lining.

i can't capture the dents in a photo - but sadly they're deep enough to be more than 5 mins work..... the guy i have spoken to is highly recommended and will get the dents out - but needs to do it from inside the car and remove the roof lining in order to get to the dent :dapprove:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I had 5 or 6 quite bad ones four from what could of been a price stand.

The others were close to the insert in the roof near the door shut.

He removed all dents on my car 20ish for £20 & a case of stella.(mates rates)

He now works for himself & has a good deal with sytner doing all there top end cars.