ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent removal Reommendations

172 Exclusive

Some idiot open their car door into the side of mine, and now ive got a nice dent in my drivers side door. :mad: Luckly its just a dent and the paintwork isnt affected, but it looks a mess after its been cleaned and shows up easily.

You guys/gals got any recommendation for dent removal people? or for that matter any recommendations of companys to avoid?

Oh and any idea of the cost?

Cheerz

172, Tiguan

I managed to get a dent removed when the car was in for a service at the garage. The guy there did it for about 40 quid. I had quotes of up to 65.

172 Exclusive

Im in the North West near Wigan, but im prepaired to travel a bit if anyone knows anyone wholl do a good job.

106 GTi

Argh right I have used a comapny which I am told is only in the South of England called Dents Plus.

Like everything though whatever company name they have, are all only as good as the individual doing the job.

I use a company (one man band) in Stockport he works out of a garage on a Saturday morning, he has removed two dinks from the side of our 182, one on the wing where a golf ball hit it and one on the passenger door where my boss opened it onto a lamp post. The lamp post one he removed without a single mark and you now cant tell, the golf ball one was quite deep but unless you really look you cant tell. He takes cash and I think it is about £30. He just sticks a big pokey thing down the side of the door and pokes the dint out, then bangs around a bit and it is done. Youll have to leave it with me to dig out his details, as I have misplaced his business card.

Used to have a Clio

i got a dent also on my car - wind blew the door wide open and hit the next cars side mirror which left a tiny dent about an inch on the door pillar...(you know, above where the door handles are)

i was told theres no point getting it repaired as itll cost hundreds?

also whilst cleaning the car yesterday morning, i noticed a few stone chips on the front...how do you guys get rid of these?

Quote: Originally posted by adamcmoran on 18 April 2005
I use a company (one man band) in Stockport he works out of a garage on a Saturday morning, he has removed two dinks from the side of our 182, one on the wing where a golf ball hit it and one on the passenger door where my boss opened it onto a lamp post. The lamp post one he removed without a single mark and you now cant tell, the golf ball one was quite deep but unless you really look you cant tell. He takes cash and I think it is about £30. He just sticks a big pokey thing down the side of the door and pokes the dint out, then bangs around a bit and it is done. Youll have to leave it with me to dig out his details, as I have misplaced his business card.

Sounds like Gary the dent. Works at impact on Saturday mornings from 7am, hes always really busy. Does the local stealerships throughout the week. Then private on Sats.

Impact is oppostite PC world in Stockport.