ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dents!

e92 330i
Hello all

I’ve contacted a PDR company who have said they can’t remove this due to being double skinned.

Anyone here have an experience with removing dents and any ideas what could get this out? I was thinking of having ago myself with a dent puller.

30E8DBC7-02BB-47AD-8FAE-519F1B19FFBC.jpeg
5317BF92-0CC2-40D4-AB1B-3FCFA3289F39.jpeg
406189A1-72D9-402F-A133-647A4E4B11B3.jpeg
701E8930-14F7-4037-9876-6986BC0DC335.jpeg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Is it double skinned? Usually this is the case on the rear arches of cars. If so it’ll need to be filled and painted.

How did it happen?

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
I have drilled a 3mm hole and put a rivet In it and pull out with a strong magnet, then drill rivet out, fill, sand then spray

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
As mentioned above, one option is to drill a small hole and pull the dent out.

Alternatively you can glue the metalwork and try to pull it out that way (if your dent guy is decent, he'll know what that means).

e92 330i
Yeah it’s double skinned. That’s the reason he gave. I would like to avoid paint if I can, don’t really know any good body shops and I guess it would never match 100%?

I looked into the glue and pulled but not good for dents on the edges apparently and could damage paint, especially as it’s already broken the paint.

Could I not drill a hole behind the dent, say 20mm and push it out from the back? Then fill hole with a grommet or weld it back up? Or would this just be crap?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yeah it’s double skinned. That’s the reason he gave. I would like to avoid paint if I can, don’t really know any good body shops and I guess it would never match 100%?

I looked into the glue and pulled but not good for dents on the edges apparently and could damage paint, especially as it’s already broken the paint.

Could I not drill a hole behind the dent, say 20mm and push it out from the back? Then fill hole with a grommet or weld it back up? Or would this just be crap?

I wouldn't touch it unless you're a pro panel beater. Just take its to a body shop to sort. Providing they're a quality outfit the paint should match (it needs to be blended). Worst case they redo the entire side of the car.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was in a similar position recently.. thought I was doomed, unfixable, didnt want paint/filler. Just go to a decent bodyshop, see if anyone on here reconnends anyone. In the the end they pulled the dent and used a tiny amount of filler, and the paint blend is spot on.

IMG_2058.JPG
IMG_2102.JPG

e92 330i
I wouldn't touch it unless you're a pro panel beater. Just take its to a body shop to sort. Providing they're a quality outfit the paint should match (it needs to be blended). Worst case they redo the entire side of the car.

Thought as much. Thanks.

I was in a similar position recently.. thought I was doomed, unfixable, didnt want paint/filler. Just go to a decent bodyshop, see if anyone on here reconnends anyone. In the the end they pulled the dent and used a tiny amount of filler, and the paint blend is spot on.

View attachment 1355688View attachment 1355689

Looks good. I think metallic is easier on the eye though and white might be more obvious. I guess only one way to find out. What sort of price did this cost?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Where abouts are you located ?
Give me a PM and I will give you my bros number.

He may know a way of doing it or know someone who can repair it.

Not as much as I thought!

Thanks for your help all.

Can anyone recomend a body shop in Hertfordshire/North London area?