ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser Pulley Timing! need help!

CLIO 172
hi, Anyone know if the dephaser pulley has to be put back onto the camshaft in a certain position or not? just had head off and now rebuilding it, but didnt know if i just bolted it on or if it had any marks that you line up? any help would be great thanks!

172 cup
This has disaster written all over it.

The nut is left loose for the pulley to turn freely. fit belt, tension up then torque up nut, then check tension again

Im guessing you dont have the proper timing tools either to be asking this question

CLIO 172
yes, ive got the tools, but i didnt know if the Dephaser pulley had to be put back in a certain position of if i just place it onto the camshaft end with the bolt loose then fit and tension the belt then torque up the nuts yes? i dont really know how the dephaser works tbh and didnt know if it had to be in a certain position for it to work?

CLIO 172
pffft oh well thanks very much for the help then guys, was just asking a simple question, i dont know how having the tools makes me a Master tech in Renaults but sorry for asking

Lionel Richie
it can go on anyway, but you have to fit the belt, tension it, then spin the whole lot backwards, then fit pulley tool, torque inlet and exhaust, remove tools spin engine forwards 3/4 times, pin crank (in the correct slot, check flywheel mark for reference) then fit the horse shoe using a maximum of 3 fingers, not forcing it in and saying "yeah that's right"

Mk2 Ph2 172
Thanks Fred that clears it up for me as I will be doing mine soon but looking at the new pulley there are no markings on it....

So i thought it must not matter how it bolted to the cam !!! Just need clarification ;)