ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed an M3 CSL yesterday.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Well, I did my first paid detail yesterday. No PC action, just a bloody good clean.

First of all I washed it, then clayed it.

After the clay I gave it a ruddy good polish with the stage 2 meguiars.

Then I used gold class wax and left that on to harden while I polished the wheels and the exhaust pipes.

Bit of Meguiars tyre shine applied with a brush and then took the wax off after about an hour of hardening.

It looked absolutely amazing, I was so bloody happy with it afterwards, just wish it was mine.

Suffice to say my next car in a couple of years will be a BMW M3.

No set price but £30 was what I was paid.

Don't have the USB cable but will be putting pics up as soon as possible.

Mito Sportiva 135
No set price but £30 was what I was paid.

Don't have the USB cable but will be putting pics up as soon as possible.

£30 strikes me as being pretty cheap, presuming you had to drive to this guys house, pay for all the products and then the labour. If the guys got a CSL not like he can't afford it!

No BMW for with £30 details :p

Get some pics up dude :D

I didn't really understand what 'No BMW for with £30 details' means???

Mk2 TT on order hey? Sounds nice. Need to get it sounding as good as your clio did though :D

I think the guy must have been pretty pleased with it, as I asked him for £30, but he gave me £40!!

As I said, pictures will be up as soon as possible! Patience is a virtue. :D

Okay, just for you guys I'm going to go out and buy a card reader tomorrow so that you can all see just how bloody marvelous I am at cleaning. :D

Tongue firmly in cheek in that sentance obviously!

Mito Sportiva 135
I charge £40 for a good shampoo, dry, arches, seals, windows, polish, arches, tyres and maybe the dash if if I am feeling generous.

If I am doing more to the paint then the skies the limit, depends how far the customer wants to go, many are happy with just a polish looks wise but normally convince them of the benefits of having more done.

Having

Mito Sportiva 135
I charge £40 for a good shampoo, dry, arches, seals, windows, polish, arches, tyres and maybe the dash if if I am feeling generous.

If I am doing more to the paint then the skies the limit, depends how far the customer wants to go, many are happy with just a polish looks wise but normally convince them of the benefits of having more done.

Having said that I don't do it just for the money, I am sure I could make a lot more from it if I decided to market the company (me!!) better.

Thats cool. I have to admit I didn't do the arches, but if you saw you would understand, there isn't any frigging space without getting the wheels off!

DSC00127Medium.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
Ace cars, i had a play in one of these round rockingham.... was like playstation with the smg :D

106 GTi
Thats cool. I have to admit I didn't do the arches, but if you saw you would understand, there isn't any frigging space without getting the wheels off!

DSC00127Medium.jpg

Pah you lightweight ;) - these where done with the wheels on and no jacking up!

IMG_9867.jpg

Ford Puma
Is it true that the boot floor is made of a hardened type cardboard/wood?

CSL's are bootiful, a guy i play footy with has one (unrestricted) and he's only 25 the lucky so and so. His last car was an M3 and that was at 21! Some ppl have all the luck!

CSL is fooking amazing!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
No BMW for with £30 details :p

Get some pics up dude :D

Mk2 TT on order hey? Sounds nice. Need to get it sounding as good as your clio did though :D

I think the guy must have been pretty pleased with it, as I asked him for £30, but he gave me £40!!

Sorry dude, just thought the price is reallllly cheap! Sounds like you have done a good job and is deff worth more money!

Don't under-sell ya self!

Thinking of a Milltek for the TT to go with remap! :D

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
not undersell ill book u next week £30 lol maybe less considering a clio is half the size of an m3, pennies make pounds that make pagani zondas

Sorry dude, just thought the price is reallllly cheap! Sounds like you have done a good job and is deff worth more money!

Don't under-sell ya self!

Thinking of a Milltek for the TT to go with remap! :D

Do you want your car cleaning next week? You're in Birmingham I see. Not too far from Nottingham. PM if you're interested.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i did want it pc'd, i clayd it about 3-4 motnhs ago, serious let me know a price, if u can pc and u have any other pics of done jobs then yeah i would

Nice :cool: Saw a silver/grey CSL at the weekend near me - first time I've seen one on the road.

I'm now sorted on Pistonheads btw Polarbert. Cheers for the help

Very nice mate

If it helps I think your prices are low

My M3/CSL clients pay me £200+ and I am considered cheap!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if u bought a pc polarbear it would pay for itself in 6months by the work u do, so i reccon invest;)

I don't have the spare cash at the moment riz. I got to pay for some new front tyres for the clio, and I just spent a s**t load on parents for their christmas present.

Maybe next year. But let me know if you want everything besides the PC.

And Brazo - f**k ME! I suppose you do it for a living though?