ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner of a V6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well actually an owner for 4 weeks now!
First looked at buying one in 2011 but ended up working overseas so didn't need a car. On my return I went a different route and bought a R53 Mini GP, modified it to within an inch of its life and loved the thing however, finances took a turn for the better and bought an E46 M3 CSL mainly as an investment. 20 months later it paid off quite well and ended up buying an E92 M3 CP, outstanding car and couldn't fault it at all...apart from the fact it bored me to death!
So it got moved on and I decided to find a car with character and, as a result, Phase 1 No 445 ended up belonging to me. Current mileage is 41,000. Have a 2nd car so it isn't going to be a daily as such, however, it will get used regularly. Having had the BMW as an investment was frustrating as, although I profited from it, with being a petrolhead it bugged me massively that I was torn between using it and potentially harming the value of my investment. With the Clio that won't be an issue as values are going to take a back seat to me enjoying the car so whether they go up or down is irrelevant.
Anyhow, since buying it has had an upgraded security system as I tried to get the Tracker transferred from my previous car and they wanted silly money, so much for customer service.
It's also been into the detailers for a 6 day pampering session, he's done two of my previous cars and his work is outstanding. It had a 2 stage m/c polish, coating of gTechnic CSL and a coating of Zymol Concours wax. Wheels, glass and interior are also done with the relevant gTechnic products.
Managed to get hold of a clear engine cover which is now fitted and looks pretty good if you like that sort of thing 😄
End of the month it's off down to Scott at SGMotorsport for a new cam belt, water pump and any other bits he recommends whilst the engine is out.
Mid to late September an Orbisoud back box will be delivered and fitted, hopefully will improve the sound as I think it's a little muted as is.

Then it'll be time for the bank account to recover but, at long last, I have a car that makes me grin each time I open the door to the garage. I know they're not overly quick and that when it's damp they like the idea of going backwards into hedges if pushed a bit too hard but hey, it's worth it!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.