ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed my brothers beast...

Megane 250 FF / cup
Had the chance to clean this beast yesterday, ive just copied my thread from detailing world.

Afternoon fellow OCD'ers.
Yesterday i had the chance to detail my brothers 996 turbo. Fortunatly the weather stayed dry most of the day however there was no sunshine for my after pictures.
All pictures taken with my Iphone.
How he dropped it off,
IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

As you can see its well looked after so wasnt too bad to start with.
I began with a snowfoam a large amount of autosmart TRF which i left to dwell for 15 minutes whilst i went around with some autosmart APC and did the badges and shut lines etc
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

It was then rinsed off which left a great shine in the tiny bit of sunlight the day had to offer
IMG_1575.jpg

I then washed the car, two buckets with zymol auto wash and then rinsed.
This picture shows the TFR had stripped most of the wax, supernatural if i remember correctly,
IMG_1576.gif

I then went around the car spraying it with some tardis and Iron X which left me with a super clean bottom half so my choice was bilt hamber soft.
IMG_1577.jpg

However around the exhausts the 450 brake must blow out some hot contamination as this was what i pulled off from the rear bumper
IMG_1580.gif

The car then had another wash and then i moved onto the wheels which were washed as normal and then sprayed with Iron X
IMG_1583.jpg

Once it was dried, i looked at the paintwork and decided to use a meguiars yellow polishing pad and 3M yellow top extra fine with my DA.
First side cut/polished
IMG_1596.jpg

A bit of sun quick get a photo,
IMG_1589.jpg

Headlight polished too
IMG_1591.gif

Once it was polished i then changed to a blue 3M finishing pad with blue 3M ultrafina which left the car looking super slick
IMG_1586.jpg

The car was then coated by hand with meguiars #7 - best product i own for gloss!!
Finally finished with a nice coat of Autoglym HD.
Windows wiped and then a coat of rain X.
Plastics treated with - i think its autosmart trim wizard or vinyl shield a mate gave it me a huge bottle as a tester but no sticker on it.
Tyres finished with autosmart finish.
Car looked stunning but just no sun to really make it shine.
IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Elliott.

911T, V6 255, ST215
Thanks for the (largely) positive comments everyone. Elliott worked all day on this and shall be rewarded with a drive out at warp factor twelve.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What's weird is the shape of the 996t is lovely. All that hard work ruined by a designer trying to change a headlight shape! Ruined the full 996 range for me. My boss agrees.

The 997T also feels worlds apart. You wouldn't believe it's only a model apart.

The detail was fantastic I must say. Good choice in products. I'm not a yellow top fan per se'.

Also I was shocked at the clay on the rear bumper. Not something i'd want to be rubbing over my car. Maybe spend a little more time decontaminating next time?

RS6 C7
I'm really not keen on the 996's , The 997 onwards look fantastic in comparison & this looks a bit dated.

Still a very nice car and you did a good job on it.

911T, V6 255, ST215
Each to their own. Love it or hate it, I am happy with it and it's the best overall car I have had so far (and for you Clio fan-boys I've had some decent metal!)

Regarding the headlight shape, I'm aware that 996 variants can get stick, but I actually don't mind it. I actually quite like it if I am honest. I must add that to argue a whole car's shape is lovely but then claim the whole range is ruined by a headlight is a little dramatic but it's whatever floats your boat. It's good to hear your views good or bad...

I have heard only good things about the 997 Turbo and expect a better overall car in terms of drive, build, comfort, technology and performance etc. That said, I parked next to one yesterday and it took me a good few minutes to notice it was a 997 and not, as I had initially thought, a 996. Then again, I'm not a car nerd.

For me, the beauty of Porsche is the classic shape; they evolve while retaining that original style and shape. I like the 996 but hey, I'm biased - I own one.

Elliott will be detailing my Clio 200 next so I am sure he will put some pics on. Next car purchase might just be a 997 Turbo or iI
might scratch the itch and get something red, Italian and with seductively shaped headlights.

RB 182
Each to their own. Love it or hate it, I am happy with it and it's the best overall car I have had so far (and for you Clio fan-boys I've had some decent metal!)

Regarding the headlight shape, I'm aware that 996 variants can get stick, but I actually don't mind it. I actually quite like it if I am honest. I must add that to argue a whole car's shape is lovely but then claim the whole range is ruined by a headlight is a little dramatic but it's whatever floats your boat. It's good to hear your views good or bad...

I have heard only good things about the 997 Turbo and expect a better overall car in terms of drive, build, comfort, technology and performance etc. That said, I parked next to one yesterday and it took me a good few minutes to notice it was a 997 and not, as I had initially thought, a 996. Then again, I'm not a car nerd.

For me, the beauty of Porsche is the classic shape; they evolve while retaining that original style and shape. I like the 996 but hey, I'm biased - I own one.

Elliott will be detailing my Clio 200 next so I am sure he will put some pics on. Next car purchase might just be a 997 Turbo or iI
might scratch the itch and get something red, Italian and with seductively shaped headlights

What an Alfa... :S :)