ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Virgin - be gentle!!!!!

Car SOLD :-(
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit baffled by the wide variety of products available. I love to keep my car clean but don't know what to use?

Have in the past been using Autoglym Super resin & Extra gloss protection. When I bought the 172 used Meg's clay bar and Gold class wax.

I want to put something on which will help protect the arctic winters up here in the North East but my heads spinning with whats available: P21S, Meguairs #16 or #18, collinite 476 etc etc....

PLEASE HELP!:S :S :S :S Thanks Adam

106 GTi
Autoglym Super resin & Extra Gloss Protection wil give great winter protection. Top that with a heavy duty wax such as Meguairs #16 or Collinite and you will be set for winter.

Autoglym Super resin & Extra Gloss Protection wil give great winter protection. Top that with a heavy duty wax such as Meguairs #16 or Collinite and you will be set for winter.

Cheers Rich. You seem to be some what of a detailing demi-god, so that sounds good to me.:cool:

Get it Permagarded! £150 and it'll wash back to a water beading freshly waxed shine in 10 minutes! It took me longer to the washing stuff out and pack it away than it did to clean my Trophy yesterday!

Don't listen to people who haven't had Permagard, find one person who has had it who wouldn't have the treatment done to every car they'll ever own.....

£150 = ouch!!!!!

That's for your first year, then it's 50% of the first price for the annual service/top up...

Annual costs using Zymol and Aqua Gleam water filters aren't disimilar to the Permagard treatment, but I don't have to spend hours cleaning my car now...

A lot of the members of the Super Car Club have gone the Permagard route apparently, the finish is just so good they don't need to do anything else!?!?!

Chiefsilverback - Sure it's very good, but I'd have to for go alot of bottles of brown ale to afford that!!!:rasp:

RS Clio 200
£150 = ouch!!!!!
depends how clean you wanna keep it to whether this is alot.
personally id rather enjoy putting in the effort.... if it helps, im new to the detailing game, but have learnt alot and bout 290 quids worth or products in 3 months. OK, some of it is duplicated.... my current range in use was £150, that includes about 12 buffind towels, microfible application pads etc.

Chiefsilverback - Sure it's very good, but I'd have to for go alot of bottles of brown ale to afford that!!!:rasp:

By the time you've spent £40 or £50 on shampoo, wax, polish, sealant, alloy cleaner, glass cleaner, sponges, chamois, towles etc... and the countless hours it takes clean, polish and wax your car £15 per month won't seem like that much! ;)

I used Zymol for 18 months and as much as I enjoy cleaning a car properly the amount of time it takes means I just never get round to doing it and it makes it even worse when it gets dirty within 3 or 4 days!!!! :D

RS Clio 200
but do you get that good feeling inside when you step back and realise that yes, your arm might be about o fall off, but your car now looks so damn nice, and it was all your own doing.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
thats true, i always have to walk across the street after a gd cleaning sesh just to admire the days work