ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnosing a noise

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys,
So trying to diagnose a noise which appears to be coming from the PAS pump on my 182. But before I go to the time and expense of paying someone to fix or attempting myself. I am chucking this out there for thoughts. Timing belt and dephaser were changed last year. The noise appears to be coming from PAS pulley. So I wonder if it’s on it’s way out. However when looking at the pulley there appears to be a weight or clutch style system on the pulley itself. Which is loose and when moved as per the video creates the noise. I expected the noise to be the belt tensioner pulley. Obviously if I have to replace the pump then I have to replace the AUX belt and therefore tensioner anyway. Any thoughts??

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Whip the aux belt off and then see if the noise is there

The AC should do that as it's on a clutch so when you turn the AC on the pump clutch locks up and in turn engages the AC pump

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
That doesn't sound like the noise a failing PAS pump makes.

Certainly sounds like somethings loose though, ive had a number of bolts back themselves out in that area.