ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnosing a problem with the Megane. Help needed.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hello guys, I've posted this on Megsport too but there's some bloody clever people on here, so what the hell...

Long story, but I'll try to keep it compact;

Took car to Renault last week to have the drivers side window regulator sorted. Turns out after a 4 hour wait they'd ordered the wrong loom. Haha, how I laughed
banghead.gif

Anyway, on the 40 mile trip back home, the car hit what I could only describe as a big f*cking lump of metal on the road. Oh it hit hard. Passenger side wheel. Pulled over even though the car didn't seem to have been affected; my mate checked the wheel as I rolled backwards and forwards. As I was doing this, the engine management light started flashing. It stopped eventually but travelling back it would flash again every 10 minutes or so. I took it to a local garage who put their fault code reader on and it came back with "Random misfire on multiple cylinders" and "Misfire with low fuel". Now, it certainly didn't have low fuel, so I'm unsure why that flagged up. Anyway, the chap at the garage reset the codes and all was well.

I returned to Renault in Carlisle yesterday for my re-booking of the window regulator motor, and on the way through, engine management light flashes again. This time it's followed by the ESP traction light and a momentary limp home mode - car splutters a little, shaking and grinding coming from front end brakes. It returns to power though. Spanner light comes on and the dash says "Check ESP". I leave it on and continue to drive to Renault so they can see the problem. Car sounds lumpy and the exhaust is popping and spluttering at idle. Mechanic says he'll put fault reader on and try to sort it out if time allows. I say I'd rather they did that than fix the window.

I returned a few hours later and the faults were "Misfire on Cylinder 3". He shows me the ignition coil and spark plug from cylinder 3 and without doubt the plugs need replaced - they were in a bad way. Anyway, a new set is ordered as well a coil for cylinder 3. He takes it up the road and it misfires at around 5k. Fault code reads "Misfire on Cylinder 2". So he replaces that ignition coil with one from his own car, takes the car out again and there's no misfire and it's running sweet. However, the EML flashes again even though the car is running well. I say just replace the ignition coil on cylinder 2 with a new item anyway. He does that, resets the codes and away I go. Car was spot on for about 30 miles, then all of a sudden, the EML flashes again and the car becomes a little "stuttery" - I can certainly feel a difference anyway.

Get home, connect the RSTuner box and the fault codes I have are:

P0300
P0300
P0303
P0313
P0313

P0300 are random misfires on multiple cylinders.
P0303 is misfire on cylinder 3
P0313 is misfire detected with low fuel (although I have half a tank)

Any advice or guidance is very much appreciated guys. But this has all stemmed from hitting that piece of metal on the road, passenger side wheel. Two separate mechanics have checked the underside of the car and there's no damage at all to the engine tray or wheel. Car drives superbly until the EML comes on. I don't want to replacing injectors if it's simply a wiring problem, but it's a bit of trial and error I guess trying to diagnose the problem. The good thing I guess is having the fault codes, but as I've found out, that hasn't really fixed anything.

Stumped.

Clio 172mk2
lamba sensor and fuel lines ok? as for other issue, if nowt looks wrong with brakes even harder to say

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lamba sensor and fuel lines ok? as for other issue, if nowt looks wrong with brakes even harder to say

Possibly could be an injector, but it's just odd that it's only started since I hit the metal. Makes me think it's perhaps a wiring issue or it's dislodged something.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I had a similar thing with my Meg... Injectors sorted it..

If you want to stick it on a ramp your welcome to bring it round and we can have a look under it

Clio 197
Hey mate I was just wondering if you found out what the problem was as my clio 197 has started doing this after I went through a puddle :( cheers