ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnostic check due to 'Injector fault'' warning light came on, found other faults!

Hi, need help and somone to shed some light on this.

Lastnight my injector fault warning light came on for the first time, not knowing what the light ment I pulled into a lay-by and had a fiddle around. After about 10 minutes started the engine back up and the light went out and the car seemed to start fine and run fine to get it to my girlfriends house.

Had the car plugged into a diagostic system which gave me 6 error codes. im unsure as to why it gave me injection warning light when none of them are directly linked to the injectors themselfes? ive had no running issues before hand?

Throttle-valve position sensor plausability

Fuel evaporation regeneration valve open circuit
(ive removed the carbon canister over a month ago and blanked up the pipe leading under the car to the fuel tank, if thats got anything to do with this.)

Solenoid val. var.-tract int. manif. open circuit
(ive removed the acoustic valve over a year ago without any issues)

Cooler fan stage 2 open circuit

Brake pedal switch plausability

Brake pedal switch malfunction

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Re: Diagnostic check due to 'Injector fault'' warning light came on, found other fau

Those codes mean nothing to me i'm afraid... what diagnostic equipment did you plug it in to for those?

Renault specific codes begin "DF" and have three digits after it (Example "DF123") then EODB-II Codes will begine, normally for management at least, with a "P" followed by 4 digits (Example "P0123")

Mick

Re: Diagnostic check due to 'Injector fault'' warning light came on, found other fau

i took it to a garage as i dont have my rs tuner anymore, the system/equipment was ESI[tronic] some fancy looking machine

despite the non renault genuine codes, does the description sound familliar?

Golf GTD Mk7

if you were closer mate i'd plug it in for you. Is this just out of curiousity? or is there a problem with the way it's running ?

Thanks mate, appriciate it, The car always run fine, everythings sound, its just lastnight my injector fault warning light came on for the first ever time and ive no idear why it has, so took it to do a diagnostics check to find the problem part and replace it, but looking over diagnostic check thers niothing wrong or loged regarding the injectors?

ts booked in for mapping with paul on the 16th so i wanted the car running right and too address and sort any prblems before i take it to him just incase for any reason it cant be mapped untill problems are sorted, but saying that its running fine overall except the hick-up from injector warning?

Golf GTD Mk7

if there is an issue it will be flagged up on dyno. I'd be suprised if paul doesn't have kit to diagnose it for you. Maybe pop down before hand to get it checked.

Yeah the pre test/health check should flag all isuues up before dyno run, hopefully they arnt seriious problems, if they are then im sure the mapping and dyno run will be aborted, hopefully the problems are easy pinpointed problems that i can fix.