ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diagnostic results!!

PH2 172
Had my car put on diagnostic today and these results came back:

Brake pedal Switch

Motorised throttle potentiometer

High speed electrical fan

Throttle position sensor

Anyone have a clue what this could be mechanic thinks it could be the part where the air filter elbow joins to which then joins onto engine he said take it of 1st and clean it to see if that works any ideas?

Skoda Fabia vRS
sounds like your throttle pedal, they have a potentiometer on them, reasonably common fault

04 clio sport 172
hi i think i could have the same fault as you on my clio, which im trying to find out what it is,

the dyagnostic results for mine were

throttle/pedal position sensor/switch circuit A

what exactly does the potentiometer do and where is it?

i was told that it could be the actual throttle sensor which is housed inside the thottle body housing, so that whole unit would have to be replaced and reset by renault

04 clio sport 172
is the sensor within the pedel or is it a switch on the pedel

anyone got a part number etc?

04 clio sport 172
juts had a price from renault for the throotle body and the pedel switch they were 220+vat and 50+vat so i need to get either or sorted, i can gain access to the forsale section how do i gain access?

172 cup
yer sensor is in the pedal set up. Check plug on your pedal also, sometimes come loose causing this problem. You need to be a paid member to have full access

PH2 172
Im going over to check the sensor on the pedal in amin see if it works after that i will come back with the feedback.

PH2 172
Checked the sensor on the pedal thats all in there ok but the electrical fault light is on the dash the square with diagonal lines in would this mean its the potentiometer? is the the black box the sensor plugs into would this make the car not start or run properly?

04 clio sport 172
fom what iv learnt is that that sensor means that there is a electrical fault registered on the ecu so it could be anything electrical with the car eg mable the throttle body etc,

anyway my dad knows of a company that refubishs and recodes ecu's, and all sensors for cars and he has arranged for me to send them my whole pedel which includes the sensor which is the potentiometer and the throttle body, the sensor is sealed within the whole throttle body housing, thats just 2 or 3 bolts and a plug to remove so then if theres a problem within eith they will fix and send back, there turn around is 3-5 days so il be doing that asap

i priced a pedel and sensor from renault and its 50quid +vat looks easy to change

PH2 172
My dads cleaned the throttle housing out and refitted but still not working all it must be down to now is the potentiometer i hope any one else have any more ideas?

04 clio sport 172
to be onist im new to the clio scene so im stuck for ideas for you, other than take it to renault and have them put it onto there clip software and they will be able to pin point the problem with out trying other sensors etc..... and wasting anymore money,

just by cleaning the sensor doesnt count that out as a problem because its a electrical fault it could have more of a serious problem than just being dirty it could have burnt out be broken

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Could be that the sensor in the throttle body has failed.

Whoever said they need resetting/recoding is 100% wrong.

If you can get a replacement (there's one or two for sale on here for £35 ish), you can swap it in 10 minutes flat (4x 10mm bolts and one electrical plug), and if that's where your fault was, it'll be cured.

I was dropping into limp mode repeatedly, got a new throttle body, 10 minutes later and it's been fine ever since.

PH2 172
Im not sure if i should buy a new throttle body and pedal brand new or second hand though as dont want it messing up again what would you do 1st buy new throttle body or get the pedal my dad unplugged the sensor of the pedal and the car didnt start still but electric fault light was still on? if someone could help asap would be great

04 clio sport 172
thats what i have done from james5_gtt i think it was, to be onist my problems hast cum back since i had the ecu read and re-set but im buying it just inase then i can change it and if i still have the problem then i will buy a pedel

PH2 172
Well i brought a new throttle pedal and a second hand throttle body and i fitted the pedal 1st and its sorted it out and fingers crossed will be fine so was no need to buy the throttle body so the problem is now sorted woop woop

04 clio sport 172
yea thats a good shout, the best thing to do, let me know how u get on, my clio is in the body shop at the moment so when i get it back il be changing mine i aspect