ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dials flicker, clocks have stopped working and brakelights wont work... help plz!!

Clio 1.2
Hi guys, my girlfriend has big problems with her 03 plate Clio 1.2. The problem 1st started a couple of months back and was only intermittent then but now its a permanent problem!

When driving the dash lights flicker, all dials have stopped working and the brake lights do not work! Has anybody any ideas??

I was guessing it could be a bad earth/fault with fuses but the battery earth seems fine and we have had all the fuses out and back in and they seem fine? Has this happened to anybody else? Is this all caused by one problem or could it be 2 separate problems?

Any help greatly appreciated before somebody rams into the back of her when she brakes!! (No jokes please LOL).

Polo + Micra
Re: Dials flicker, clocks have stopped working and brakelights wont work... help plz!

have you checked the earth at the rear lights?

Clio 1.2
Re: Dials flicker, clocks have stopped working and brakelights wont work... help plz!

Aha will give that a looky later, do you think that would cause all the dials problems though?

Where is the earth, as you look at the boot left or right hand side?

Last edited:
  3 Series touring

checked the fuses?

Lou

Possible that the relay fuse under the glovebox is close to falling out - had this happen on my old 1.2.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member

Right bulbs in the holders? (Sounds daft but I put the wrong bulb in once and got all manor of crazy stuff going on)

Clio 1.2

Hi guys i've returned to this thread as never completely resolved the problem... can anyone tell me where the relay fuse mentioned above, below the glovebox is located? Oddly prev I have pulled all the fuses out of the glovebox side and re-inserted and has corrected the problem... for a time at least.

Also anyone tell me where the boot earth is located before I begin ripping panels and carpet out? The problem has recently got a lot worse and now the rev counter etc pulsates when driving! Many thanks.