ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dials

Golf GTTDI 130PD

Have any of you lovely lads or (even ladies) out there changed your dials??

Is it easy to remove the dash???

Is there anything I should be careful of???

Tips Appreciated, thnks,

Leanne xxx

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

not the most fun of jobs. Take it you want white dials

Take care when removing the wires and stuff from the back, remember exactly where the old dials were on it, make sure the new ones are stuck down well.

Mine still aint right, when the lights are on it doesnt shine it all up proberly

ff 182

Mine work fine its just the 1 bulb has started to burn the fuel dial but they arent easy to fit as they say they are.

Hi by the way did u enjoy Southend..

Cheers Pete

i tried to change mine but my dials are sagem ones and none of the replacement dials fit them. its a right pain, u might wanna check it b4 you buy any.

BMW 320d Sport

I dont think anyones got the right dials to allow a Lockwood kit to go straight on. My advice is just take your time and be super careful. Obviously dont attempt to do the job with just the dash top off. Take the whole unit out of the car and do it indoors, very slowly!

I had to drill new locating holes and cut bits off to make them fit my clocks- if you wanna do this then mark the protruding lugs on the clocks with tip ex and then put the new dial faces down onto where they should go. Lift it up and youll have a perfect mark showing where you need to drill out some holes.

Ive fitted white dials in my car twice (the old ones got faided in the sun), and I didnt have too much trouble on the new lockwood dials (you dont have to remove the needles).

Ive been looking in to getting a batch of white dials made up that are BLUE BACK LIT. But itd cost me a fortune to get just 1 set done (there goes my originality idea out of the window), so if I could get enough people interested, I could see about getting some realistic prices.

Dave

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

blue dials are easy just rip out the orange bit of plastic and replace it with a white one break the bulb holders take out the bulbs and solder in blue leds where the bulbs were

easy see 10hr job max

not joking

350z & 16v Maxi

Where can you get clear replacements for those sh*te orange bits of plastic behind the dials? I looked at doing that a year ago but didnt know where to get clear ones? I fitted dials when I had my RT it was really easy, just hard to get into the screws at the bottom of the instrument panel.

Yeah blue dials are easy on some cars but not the clio 16v with sagem dials! The colour is moulded into the plastic :( The easiest bulb colour on the dash to change is the clock and even that takes some work!

on simliar subjet, how easy is it to chance ALL th clocks, completely? Im getting a full set of williams blue ones, any thing to watch out for? like do one at a time??

cheers

I have attempted this!!! I have removed the dials and removed the motors that move the needles, very carefully removing the needles these can snap very easily. Removed the blue dial and unscrewed 2 screws. I found a company on the net that sales plastics I have order a blue sheet but it arrived and I think it is to dark, so I will order some more. The hard part is cutting the blue plastic to size and drilling the holes for the needles and screws. I have got my self a spare dial box, which I will test on first.

Will post again to let you all now how I get on, if any one would like to find out more, reply to the post of email me at mailto:g.palfreman@virgin.net">g.palfreman@virgin.net

Got the blue plastic for the dials. This little project is starting to become a B....h. I have cut the blue plastic to the correct shape drilled holes for the needles and screws and fitted them in. Changed the bulbs to blue and switch them on ahhhhh still got a small amount of orange light coming from the numbers on the dials. So my question to you is on the new Lockwood dials behind the dials can you see though the numbers !! are they clear !!. My blue dials must have an orange layer painted on the back of the dials to light up the numbers.