ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Didn't no megs tech wax was a polish too....

K20 EG Hatch
Does this mean it will "cut" my paintwork?

My 182 has come up sooo good with it but if it is going to cut the paint work would i be better off stopping using it and finding some other wax?

E90
Dont say that, thats what i bought :( They guy where i got it, said it would protect the area i'd scracth x'd so i figured it'd be reet

E90
stop banging on about carnuba wax, i aint getting any, its a car not a Surf board. Will a geek answer the above question please ;)

Focus ST
carnuba...carnuba...carnuba...carnuba...carnuba...carnuba...carnuba...carnuba...carnuba

Sorry, bored at work. :evil:

Back on topic.....:rasp:

106 GTi
NXT has light chemical cleaners in it, but no cut as such to remove defects. Chemical cleaners prepare the paint for the sealant part of it.

Weeman never fear you wanabee cleaning geek - it cleans and protects.

All good you guys shouting Carnuba, but as good as it looks the protection it offers is poo ;) ... but saying that so does NXT!

E90
lol, wannabe geek my bum. You boys will be wrapping em in cling film next, you want protection stick a giant durex on it, LOL

106 GTi
darren_rallye said:
Rich, can you recommend a nice sealant then please? :)

For maximum durability Zaino, Klasse SG or Autoglym Extra Gloss.

But in my opinion better looks but less durability Poorboys EX-p or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant.

Or for weegeek, a kingsize featherlight with plenty of lube!

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
My NXT doesn't seem to last.

EGP pisses me off though. It went far too hard last time I applied, and I couldn't get it off properly :(

106 GTi
Yeah gave up on NXT for the same reason.

EGP is fine when left to dry for a long enough time and applied very very very thin.

You would like Poorboys EX-p as it can be used wipe on / wipe off.

Lee

BMW M2C
Jay put some Poorboys EX-p on mine after the first coat of wax. It comes off so easily. Then topped it off with P21.

I think I'll add a little Zymol Titanium this weekend.

ST
Zymol is over rated over priced muck!!

P21 or Chemical Guys XXX Carnuba all day!!

NXT Tech wax wont protect the paint as well as a pure Carnuba will either...

I've just washed mine again, wasn't dirty just covered in road dust :)

Gave it a layer of Megs #16 Mirror Glaze wax looks lush!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Repeated layers of NXt with P21s over the top has lasted excellently on mine.

Obviously I washed it and topped it up on Saturday/Sunday and haven't touched it since (including a 3hour motorway journey) and it still looks fantastic, with only flies across the front to contend with.

Skoda Fabia vRS
NXT should be better than it is being a sealant, it should offer better protection than a carnauba, but in practice, it doesnt, its durability is very poor

for a good sealant you cant go wrong with Poorboys EX-P