ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference

hi guys im looking into buying a clio hopefully next year.

one thing thats confusing me is what is the difference between a 172 and a 182. this is probably the most obvious and stupid question but its puzzling me.

sorry if this has been covered hundreds of times.

thanks

max

Swift Sport
There's a few differences, mainly the extra 10bhp, different wheels and the twin exhausts.

Not particularly any faster than a 172 btw

Renault Clio 172
Hi Max.

The 182 is the newer of the two.

They are slightly different styling features too. Most noticably the alloys are different, and with the 182, you get the twin exhaust coming out of the bumper at the back.

The 182 also has an extra 10bhp than the 172. I believe this is achieved through a different manifold.

Inside, I think they are exactly the same.

I've got a 172, and my mate has got a 182. They are both very similar cars. The only difference between my mates and mine is the fact that its got 10bhp more, the alloys, the twin exhausts and he has cruise control.

Hope this helps!

ah i see. was wondering becuase the two insurance quotes i got differed by about £250 between the two cars. thanks though guys for your help :)

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
is it true that 182's have that electonic fly by wire throttle thingy or do later 172's have it too ??