ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences between mk2 models please!

Have read parkers guide about a million times, but am still unsure as to which model has which extras- the models that im mainly interested in are 00 year

1.4 RT

1.4 16V 3dr Alize

1.4 Sport

1.4 Si 16v

1.6 Si 8v

Basically what id like to know is which one comes with elec/sunroof/mirrors/windows

alarm/immobiliser/those sexy quad light things/remote central locking/ airbags/air con/body coloured bumpers and other things i may have missed

At the moment the only model i think which has electric mirrors is the 1.6 16v but is that right?

Answers would be greatly appreciated and would be maybe good to add to the cliosport homepage so they dont need to be asked again!

I know 1.4 sport (think they were only made in 2000) comes with manual sunroof but electric windows. Think mirrors are manual too.

It does not have an alarm, but think it has an immobiliser. Has the dual optic headlights and remote central locking and 2 airbags.

No air con, has body coloured bumpers but with the standard black bump strips. CD player as standard.

Is a lovely lovely car though. Handling is brilliant and I loved mine to bits!! :)

LOL- just made a complete idiot of myself over the fone to my mate

me - "well i found this one car but it didnt have a sunroof at all"

mate - "does it have aircon"

me - "yes"

mate "if its got air con- why the f**k would it have a sunrood?!"

me- "..........."

i tried that one- but he couldnt hear me over his laughing- it makes so much sense to me now- being in cars that have aircon have never had sunroofs

at the moment i think ive got it narrowed down between the

1.4 16V Si

1.6 8v Si

1.4 16 Alize - but this didnt come with the spotlights did it?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by dj_sonic_uk on 27 August 2004

i tried that one- but he couldnt hear me over his laughing- it makes so much sense to me now- being in cars that have aircon have never had sunroofs

at the moment i think ive got it narrowed down between the

1.4 16V Si

1.6 8v Si

1.4 16 Alize - but this didnt come with the spotlights did it?
Well equiped, nice looking card especially in Black.

Quote: Originally posted by lincswhite on 27 August 2004

just sold my 1.6 s.i

had electric 2 way sunroof, electric mirrors, alarm, immobiliser, alloys, white dials 37k on the clock, no electric mirrors though :confused:and a multichanger in the boot, I had mk1 172 lights fitted to the front.

enjoyed every minute if driving it as well :)

[Edited by lincswhite on 27 August 2004 at 9:01pm]

how much did you end up selling it for out of curiosity?

traded it in against the cup i bought in wolverhampton last week

he offered me £4k for it no haggling, wish id asked for more now lol

was offered

£2.6k from one dealer and £3k from another so i shopped around for best price

Quote: Originally posted by dj_sonic_uk on 28 August 2004

nice one- sounds like you got a pretty good price considering parkers rdp (recmended dealer price) is around 3400!
yeah i reckon i did as well, think the low milage did it personally,

but he did say it was a nice example and was well lokked after though, which i took as a compliment

A well built VW

Ive got a 1.4 8v Alize model

colour coded bumpers - yes front fog lights - yes air con -yes eletric 2 way sunroof - yes electric mirrors - no electric windows - yes dual optic lights -no:( not much difference between the sport and this think its all to do with gearbox ratios and the interior / headlights are better in the sport but with the money you save you can afford the 172 leather

A well built VW

Good car i was looking at a 106 gti as replacement for mine nothing wrong with these cars clio built quality is supposed to be better

A well built VW

How much you got to spend? there are always a few clios in the for sale section maybe even up the budget a little to get one a bit newer

Have you thought about a dci get it chipped and it will be quick ( lots of torque ) or i think they did a 1.9tdi in the earlier days again should be quick aswell and insurance should not be bad either

trust me, ive been trawling my way through the for sale section for weeks and havent found a suitable one yet (im being really fussy and specific) !

my budget is between 3500-4500, i cant really go above that. I was actually thinking about a diesel actually - theyve really come a long way. I think I would need to go see one in the flesh before id consider buying one though.

As for engine mods- would love to do that, but i couldnt really afford to tell insurance and i dnt really want to do anythinf undeclared just in case.

appreciate your help tho mate and opinion!