ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

different...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
cleaning the car up today, giving it its summer coating of wax, polish etc, whilst i was waiting for the polish to cure i decided to set about an idea i had just previous..

the other day i painted my rear badges as i broke them and thought i could age them a bit...

IMG_0867.jpg

i finished these of last night by doing the sport badge and the front triangle

IMG_0911.jpg

this was when i had the idea earlier to set on something a bit bigger....

the engine bay had been painted just with black hammerite and a brush and tbh looked cack....so...

masked and first layer

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

done and cleaned up a little

IMG_0905.jpg

the bar holding the bonnet up is simply an old mountain bike handle bar painted in the same style

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

all comments welcome

What's the date, oh its the 24th :O

By looking at this thread I thought it would have been the first!

hmmmm........................

E92 M3
What's the date, oh its the 24th :O

By looking at this thread I thought it would have been the first!

hmmmm........................

kicking out the jokes there i like it lol

its different it mite be a grower tbh are you puting the plastic cover back on or leaving it like that

172 Exclusive... For Sale
I absolutely love this, best idea, I'm not one for polished engine bays, this however is perfect.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol again after looking at the pics. I thought it was masked to paint.

Think that looks very different, would never do it to mine, but would defo get my attention at a show, nicely done Neil.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
pmsl at the replies....buying a vw???? nothing to do with anything there....

i am not a fan of polished engine bays.... spending ages cleaning an engine that is going to get dirty asap....there is no engine cover to go back on either...

this is more a humor mod really, for something you don't really see all that much anyways, i couldn't really care...lol

i am not a fan of polished engine bays.... spending ages cleaning an engine that is going to get dirty asap....there is no engine cover to go back on either...

this is more a humor mod really, for something you don't really see all that much anyways, i couldn't really care...lol

neil.....i like your reply!!! Get jules owt with the polish, sight to be savioured LOL

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
i like it in a strange way, should have had abit of yellow/green on the badges were the paint has the stripped off look?

Titanium 182
It's what I imagine an engine from a jeep used in jungle warfare would look like.

So kinda cool in a way...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i am genuinely boosted by the lack of vision the members of this club have...

i am so glad i stuck to the turini's and silvervisions....thank you please...lol

and before anyone says i said "all comments are welcome", they still are....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Loving your work bone.

I don't even venture into media anymore through fear of seeing more 'turinis/silvervisions/eibach' mobiles.

Keep up the good work son! :D

Flame Red Delight
tbh i quite like it mate, i am a fan of the rat look, but i maybe woulda made it look rusty or something, good effort though :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I don't get it. I'm not being closed-minded, either. :S

It's not showy, fine. But it's not ratty/bozo either IMO. Like Winston says, it just looks try-hard ish.

I'd just do it all matte black, keep it stealth. That's not being a sheep, surely?

Artic Blime 182

Ha ha love the comment, not my thing but i do like it bud kinda looks like the Rat theme :D what are the plans for the rest of the car?