ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difficulty getting into 3rd

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ive been out tonight and for the second time in the last week I've struggled to get into 3rd gear so I pulled over and started off again and all was fine. I've got no crunches and all other gears are fine, it's been fine in between times too.

One thing I have noticed is my gearstick link bar thingy under the car has been adjusted to pull the gearstick further back so could this make gear selection harder?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
How are the engine mounts?
Could well be the adjustment aswell, might the gearbox end be touching the box?
Dogbone is a new powerflex, to be honest I'm not sure how much life the other mounts have in them but if they are original they are 88k and 17 years old so replacing may be a good plan

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I think they may have trimmed the linkage in order to get the lever back

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
If you get reverse, 1st and 5th ok then chances are it's an issue in the box.
Wouldn't do 5th either but the hill I was going up it wouldn't have been an option, just 1st, 2nd, 4th. Didn't try reverse to be honest

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just had a half hearted glimpse under my car, the spring that returns the gear stick to neutral is snapped and hanging down and the white bush is pretty sloppy