ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital camera's (slr)

Ph 1 172
Bit of along post

Im looking at getting a new camera for my birthday i only have a £99 digital camera, and i wanna get a digital slr (got my first lil boy/girl on the way and want some good photos to look back on:) and im going to a more race meetings at silverstone and likewise). from what i have seen they are much better quality and give you more freedom of changing your settings of the photo you are taking. So I was wondering where you guys would recomend to buy a decent camera online and what types to start off with for a beginner, I would like one with a bit of freedom as well so i can upgrade it once I get better at taking photos. thanks for any help in advance :approve: o and im not look at spending a fortune as its my first just one that offers value for money

How much do you want to spend?

I use http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/ as my price bible but also browse the official Canon refurb store for potential bargains.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet

I only really know Canon but best thing you can do is head to a local camera store and play with a Nikon D40/D60/D90, Canon 1000D/450D/500D/40D/50D and any other system there and see what you think. You may really love the video option on the D90 for instance or the controls on the Canon.

I'd say a 450D/500D with 18-55 IS & 55-250 IS bundle with and 50mm f/1.8 would be a great starter package, throw in a 430EX or 270EX flash and you have nearly everything covered.

Ph 1 172
not really sure what to spend on it too be honest mate just looking at gettin advice on were to look and what to look out for new too all this really

is there are good forum to go to or anything to read up about what to look for?

I would go with pre-owned. I frequent a forum called talkphotography.co.uk where the for sale section is particularly active. I put my kit up for sale two weeks ago and I raked in just short of £3k in less than a week. There are usually lots of EOS 350/400 with starter lenses all around the £200 mark and the advice available there is first rate.

Last edited:
  Ph 1 172
I would go with pre-owned. I frequent a forum called talkphotography.co.uk where the for sale section is particularly active. I put my kit up for sale two weeks ago and I raked in just short of £3k in less than a week. There are usually lots of EOS 350/400 with starter lenses all around the £200 mark and the advice available there is first rate.

thanks a lot looks like just what i was looking for cheers again