ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital SLR cameras

Really taking a shine at the mo to one of these bad boys. Interested in the Nikon D50. Just wondering what cameras + lens' you have? and could you post a pic from your SLR?

Many thanks

Jay

RS 200
I got just before Christmas, the Nikon D70s with the standard kit lens and a 70-300mm lens that was additional. Very good camera compared to my HP that I used before, getting used to the manual settings but the D70s has a sort of bar in the view finder that helps you balance up the Aperture and Shutter Speed to setup your shot just as you want, not sure if this is on the D50 but would be surprised if it wasnt.

Other than Nikon, I think the Canon 350d is a comparable camera, pretty sure this is the one Lee has too.

My Pics:

AUTOSPORT 2006

FIRST POLISH

STAR CITY

Chris

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
On the gadget show tonight ch5 there were 3 slrs on test the d50 came out top....Think its repeated saturday...Maybe worth a look

Mr2 Roadster
This is part of my collection of Canon goodies:

Pict.jpg

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
my old mans d50, dont know much about it but its easy to just pick up and use + 1,000,000 other options i have no idea about.

some hi quality pics here just click them if type the code in right.

DSC_0250.gif
DSC_0242.gif
DSC_0068.gif

Mr2 Roadster
Anyone London based I can normally get a good price on either Canon or Nikon for you guys due to the amount of stuff me and my mates purchase. The two big lenses in the pic above cost over £10k between them.

I've got the D50, it's absolutely fan-bloody-tastic as a starter dSLR. You can shoot in Auto all day long and get good pics, or if and when your ready to delve a little deeper, you can pretty much do what ever you want. Have a look on www.dpreview.com it's an american site i think, but the reviews are very good. Plus you can do side by side comparrisons. Got no photo's with me at work sadly, otherwise i'd post some.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got pretty much the same setup as Rich. I could really use a decent in between lens as the kit lens isn't much cop for normal use as it has next to no zoom, where as the 90 - 300 has to much. Here's a a few pics from the weekends track day: http://www.rapidpants.com/images/gallery/motors/2006/dp180306/index1.html

And my fave from the day full size: http://www.rapidpants.com//junk/dp_029.jpg That's not been cropped or touched by Photoshop, that's how I shot it. BTW, it's a massive image!

I'm still over the moon with mine, one of the best purchases I've made other than my Xbox 360 lately.

106 GTi
It's good when you get a moving car perfectly in frame and don't need to crop it when it comes of the camera. The above 205 pics was like that.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I recently bought the Canon 350D, got the 18-55mm lens and the Canon 55-200mm lens. Good camera, yet to unlock its finer features, but have bought a magic lantern book to try and help me along the way. Some of my pics :

Canon04.gif

Canon02.gif

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I've got a Canon 350D and will be going to get my new lens this afternoon. Expect pics tonight when I get back.

Its awesome.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
yea, picked it up on ebay for not that much!

the mkI has a metal mount, and is slightly better built, but theres nothing wrong with the mkII

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
how much £££?

been looking at that lens ( drooling) for ages, would be ideal for my gigs!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Its alot I must admit. Its the non-IS version. One sold on Ebay last week for £700.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
yea, i hovered over the bid button!

then remembered i have no money, at all! doh!

well known that the 50mm 1.8 makes a superb portrait lens!

dad.jpg

can count the pores on the full res version! lol

V6 255 Illiad Blue
I have a Fuli S2 Pro, i'd really recommend one. They are Nikon compatible (actually they are a Nikon body with Fuji digital back. Mine has survived coming off the roof of my car at 60MPH [don't ask :)]
They are going cheap on ebay now as the S3 is out. They are easily on a par with the D70 i reckon. www.dpreview.com for some more in depth info and full res sample pics