ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dilema with painting my care

ventura

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys

Need your advice. I have a track/road clio 172 mk1 that is my pride and joy and that I plan to keep for a while as have just bought a 4 bed house so funds to buy anything else will be short. The car is a Cat D because the owner before put the rear wheel under the car so was written off. I have replaced everything including a new rear beam from a trophy and mark fish has set it up so it tracks better than most cars of its age.

Now here's the dilemma. I work in BMW dealership with a body shop which I have a couple of mates who are painters who can paint the whole car for the cost of a cheap wrap. The car being a track car and being 13 years old has a lot of stone chips on and could do with tidying up and even though I will do more track days I like my car to look as mint as possible. The car is black at the moment and I cant decide what colour to paint it. Do I paint it in its original colour or do I go for another type of black so I don't have to tell the dvla about a colour change or do I go for another Renault colour as I was thinking Acid Yellow and do something different?

Would it put people of buying the car when coming to sell it? That was the main question as I know there are a few people that have painted there cars on here and people seem to like them when a good job has been done.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Rob

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It won't make the slightest difference on an ready category registered car. Mechanically it'll need to be spot on if you're thinking of residual values.

Also, techno violet is what you need.

null_zpsf0f9b3b3.jpg