ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dilemma... C7 RS6 or R8 V10+

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Hard choice Gaz as both very different cars. Like you say you have wanted an RS6 as long as I’ve known you , and justnow they have dropped in price quite a bit with the new one released last year.
R8 is a nice car and fast while still being useable, short term you shouldn’t loose much on one.
Other option is a last of line gen 1 R8 with the S tronic dual clutch box and probably lost all its money and holding now.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
R8 first then RS6 like Alan had. That thing sounded and went like the super car eater it was. Insane car! nm numbers were mind blowing.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
R8 first then RS6 like Alan had. That thing sounded and went like the super car eater it was. Insane car! nm numbers were mind blowing.
Allan had the RS6 first, then moved onto R8 > 570S > GT3RS and just picked up a brand new Turbo S.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Hard choice Gaz as both very different cars. Like you say you have wanted an RS6 as long as I’ve known you , and justnow they have dropped in price quite a bit with the new one released last year.
R8 is a nice car and fast while still being useable, short term you shouldn’t loose much on one.
Other option is a last of line gen 1 R8 with the S tronic dual clutch box and probably lost all its money and holding now.
The 1st gen R8 does absolutely nothing for me pal. The gen2 is absolutely superb and I’ve got first hand experience. Although, I’ve never driven one. 🤣

I’ve certainly got a lot of thinking to do.
MY17/18 C7’s have held their values pretty well tbf. As long as they’re sub 30k and FASH, they still command strong money. The Misano Red one is £54k, the Arra Blue V10+ is £31k dearer.

Parking/storage & Finance is what’s putting me off. But I know if I don’t do it now, I never will.

RS6 will always be the ultimate housing estate supercar, regardless what I decide to buy. Always loved them and I’ve had the pleasure of driving the C5, 6 & 7 platforms.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Surely R8 then rs6, you'll always wonder what if, if you don't go r8 or more realistically.... when you do go rs6 then r8 then back to rs6 it will cost considerably more (no matter how many people tell you (residuals are strong on both) it will be more than most pay for the car they have on the drive in depreciation in 5 years, you seem like you have your head on your shoulders lad just crack on and get the one you actually want

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
It's Gally 😘 I just meant build an RS6 like Al's.
Ahh ok, toast n cheese. 🤣

He didn’t build a ‘6, it only had APR downpipes and APR Stage 2 software. His was stunning back then, but pretty dated now as it was a MY14 pre-facelift.

I’d ask my wife what car I should go for, but she would go mental if I suggested an £85,000 car. 😅
Surely R8 then rs6, you'll always wonder what if, if you don't go r8 or more realistically.... when you do go rs6 then r8 then back to rs6 it will cost considerably more (no matter how many people tell you (residuals are strong on both) it will be more than most pay for the car they have on the drive in depreciation in 5 years, you seem like you have your head on your shoulders lad just crack on and get the one you actually want
I want the R8, but I don’t want debt. I’m in the middle of house hunting, so I’ll see what that brings to the table first.

I’m also starting my own vehicle transportation company, hence keeping the X5 as a workhorse.
Got a lot on my plate, but it’s now or never.

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just get the R8, for the experience of owning and driving a super car. I had an R8 V10 three years ago for about 9 months. I was not a daily driver, but they are really easy to drive all the controls are like an A4 which is not a bad thing. I have quick cars in the past (Caterham's, Subaru's. Evo's, Skyline's, BMW M3's). but this was on another level!!

I only sold it for two reasons a) I'm anal about where I park my car and b) I was probably heading for a serious speeding offence.

(I still have a Mustang in the picture)

Attachments

• DSC01119.JPG
    DSC01119.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
  • DSC01119.JPG
    DSC01119.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 156

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
If you have the chance to own a supercar (R8 being controversial in peoples eyes) then go for it, like loads have said the opportunity doesn't come round often if ever for some, don't think I'll ever have the chance to.

I don't like Audis at all... Any of them [emoji2962] just don't interest me, I say that but if someone offered me a chance to own an R8 I would.

An Audi estate is just another everyday car you see on the road regardless of what engine or kit it has, I would rather pull up at the lights sat in an R8 and never see another one next to me then to do it in an estate and see one next to me and one behind me (yes that probably wouldn't happen in reality but there so common and bland in my view).

Although these are what you are looking at have you not thought of what other fantastic older uncommon motors you could get as that's what I'd be looking at if I had that sort of cash at hand, say for instance...

I just don't get the big deal with massive money for new cars just cos they are new.

To me, the RS6 is a devastatingly effective every day car with supercar performance. The issue with that is "everyday", its the car for the person who doesn't own an X5, wants silly performance, furniture shopping, labrador carrying, five seats etc. in one vehicle. Fantastic cars, no chance I'd own one for weekend drives.

The R8 on the other hand eschews all of that apart from the performance in favour of looks and handling, ideal for the weekend!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
As much as I do love the R8, it's one of those cars where you need to be on the right road, in the right frame of mind, and be on your top game to drive hard. Trickling round town in one is a waste. The amount of attention it would attract would also put me off.

The RS6, although a great "all rounder" is also a fantastic package to be used for everyday, and also taking the piss out of some very fast cars too.

Personally, I'd forget the R8 and just get the real bad boy and throw a little cash at the engine, make it phenomenal fast

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
R8 then another R8.

I love how the RS3 they link to for sale there says something like ‘almost every option ticked’, then lists hardly anything that’s an option

And also lists some stuff it doesn’t actually have (super sports seats).

Some dealers really are just idiots.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Bought either yet? 😂 get the rs6 bought you’ve wanted one for I don’t know how long