ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dilemma!!!

Hey all!

As some may know i am selling my 182 as me and my fiancee bought a house and then were both made redundant, she has sold her type r and got a job, I am still looking for a job and have had an offer on the car! $h1t offer may i add!

The car has no dints, has a couple of very minor scratches, one fog light cracked and has done 38000 miles but needs its 36k service.

The car is on auto trader for £5500 which i think is a good price for it with the above probs, The car is in mint condition inside, except for the rubber on the steering wheel, and mint outside except for the fog light and a few faint scratches that could be sorted easy!

Renault said 250 for the service, and to leave the aux belt until next year when the cam belt gets changed, which would be £840 for both belts. BUT this is next august so that shouldnt come into it!

I have had someone come to view the car, i have said that I would drop to £5000, (which is a bargain!!!!!!) and i have just had a text from him stating all the things that need doin, and has offered me £4700 for my gorgeous 182! On auto trader the cheapest 182 is £4994, £4700 is more like 172 money! (no offence to 172 drivers!) :)

Needless to say im annoyed at the crap offer but i do need to sell the car, I am in need of some thoughts from you guys and gals! what ya reckon?! :S

182-racing-blue

If you have a solid off er and 100% need the cash then sell it mate.

Black and white really. You have already dropped it to 5k so whats 300 quid if you are getting over 4.5 grand???

Need the money yesterday = sell

Don't get sentimental. It's only a car and when you get back on the straight and narrow then just think what you could buy when the time comes.

Thats my advice anyway. Ive been there and had to sell a mint CTR for F.A but it helped.

Now I have a 182 and am comfortable. I sympathise mate.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Get it serviced and then try and sell it? I wouldn't buy a car that should have had its 36k service done. If there are things wrong with the car people will put in low-ball offers sadly :(