ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Air Filter replacement - Better Sound?

Rally Cinquecento
Was just wanting to no, dose a direct air filter replacement, for a 1.2 with 3 bolts in the air box, give a better sound? As it says you get a slight performance improvement, but nothing about a deeper sound.

Thanks

Clio RT 1.4
Drill holes in the sides of the air box with standard filter for better sound but watch it c**k your fuel economy up good and proper.

Megane 2 GT 165
Drilling you airbox is not the best thing to do.

1. It f*cks up your airbox
2. You suck in hot air

Better option is to disconnect any feeds to you airbox. Yes it will suck hot air, but you still have a good airbox.

Ow and swapping the airfilter in my 172 didn't make any difference in sound / performance. Sorry I don't know for a 1.2

Rally Cinquecento
So whats best?

is it just better to buy an induction kit? (i no its only a 1.2 and its a bit boy racer, but i just want a bit of a better sound!)

Clio RT 1.4
Drilled box does make it sound better IMO. But I failed to mention about heat soak etc.