ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Direct Line Inusrance Mod Question

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Hi,

I'm new into doing pretty much anything, and I'm about to get a car signed over to me (was my parents, with my on as named driver for occasional driving). I'm 21, have 3 points and 28 day ban (stupid I know, but I've learned my lesson), the car is an 05 1.2 Clio Expression, and from what I've seen doing online quoting, Direct Line is the best due to being the named driver for two years gaining the NCB to be used when I take out a policy with them.

The only think that I've noticed with them is that as I'm under 25, I can't mod
it. Now, I'm not sure if this means external stuff like alloys, spoilers, body kits, etc. Or if adding a new HU and sound system, and window tinting (not sure if that would be classed as external or internal) would count as well.

If anyone could clear that up for me that would be great.

Thanks

Changing the headunit shouldn't count, or changing the sound system, though tints may well count and not be allowed.

They won't let you do anything else to the vehicle. And it's not worth risking doing it and not telling them.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
No I wouldn't do anything and not tell them.

Thanks for your help, I really wasn't sure about the tints. It's unlucky that they don't count as I think that they'd look pretty cool on the car.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Also, another question. The car at the min doesn't have fog lights, if I added some, would that count as a modification?

Well, officially, yes but if it was me I wouldn't tell them. But if you did have an accident, they may not replace them, as they're not meant to be there in the first place.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Hmm, not sure whether or not that will be worth it again (I've yet to actually look at prices for any yet).

Does anyone have any experience of doing this stuff?

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
Ive just asked Quinn Direct, regarding changing to angel eye fronts and LED rear lights, theyre fine with it, only increase in premium if the insured value of the car is increased.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Nice one, once I've got mine sorted, I will have to sort out getting this done.

Thank you for your help guys.