ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

directed 1100d amp

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

A cheaper alternative to this amp would be a

ground zero gzha2350x which has an output of 900watt RMS @ 2ohms

i picked mine up for £200 which i thought was a bit of a bargain.

technically matt it cant be too bad if the blokes from mobile world had them in there cars , and they could have any amp outta the whole shop u sold the alpine yet?

I was told on by more than one person on the fiestaturbo board that they could get the 1100d for less than 300 notes.

The phone number I was given was 08718711999

HTH

Tom

Nissan R35 GT-R

No one seems to understand amplifiers here then.

The d means it is a D-class amplifier! These amps are the most efficient available. They are much smaller and use much less power then A, B or A+B amps. Go for the Directed mate - they really are something special.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Trouble is d class amps sound sh*t compared to a class amps

but as your runing subs you wont notice

i had an a class 2400w amp- it melted itself

tomclio1.2 class d amps sound s*it compared to class a?

Like you say, perhaps on full range, but used to power a sub I doubt you would hear any deficiency.

matt go for the amp which matches the subs best, i.e an output equal to the subs rated input at the subs lowest resistance, plus a little for headroom.

PG would piss all over the directed power, quality, reputation, style everything, even the tantrum range are better

depends how much u want to spend, if money is a issue then buy the best u can afford not the most for your money,

or wait untill u can afford what u want

Tom

matt PG always over rate the amps,

i have in stock a tantrum 1200.1 amp for £799 which has a certificate to proove it is pushing a genuine 1438W RMS go figure its supposed to be 1200w? its a fact,

you have to remember its not all about figures i would rather have a piece of craftsmanship doing 900W than the directed (part of clifford who went bust)

doing 1100w any proof of reliability? well its up to everyones own opinion, i have my own loyalties

Tom