ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disable Passenger Airbag

Hi all,

How to I disable the passenger side airbag on my 2000 Renault Clio 1.4? Need to put a child seat in the front.

Cheers,

Graeme

Golf GTI 1.8T
wrong, I dont think there is an option to on the mk2 ph1's as there are warning stickers everywhere and I've never anything to turn it off with unlike the key lock in the door handle on ph2's.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^^ as above

i dont think the mk2 ph1's have an option to disable the passanger airbag.

Looks like its going to have to be back seat for baby.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah you'll have to use the backseat. Tbh I doubt I would trust the key switch anyway, you'd never know if it had worked or not till it was too late, and with reno wiring the chances are it wouldnt switch it off!

on my dashboard (RS-1) i have a child seat light. It says something along the lines off "Baby On".

im guessing this comes on when you turn off the airbag on the Ph2's?

Thanks for the replies all. The reason I needed it in the front was the rear seatbelt behind the driver wouldn't extend, couldn't move it to the other side as her sister's car seat is there! The seatbelt which comes down from the ceiling for the middle wouldn't fit so was looking to disable the front airbag, but the seatbelt came back to life with a bit of tug. All sorted :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
fUbAr said:
on my dashboard (RS-1) i have a child seat light. It says something along the lines off "Baby On".

im guessing this comes on when you turn off the airbag on the Ph2's?

spot on.

'baby on' lol noticed that the other day.