ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

disgusted

went to york clifton moore renault dealership today and was totally offended by one of the salesmen. he was very rude and agressive and all i asked was how much they are selling the 182 for ?!? me and my gf stood their astounded as he claimed it was illegal to have warrenty work carried out on uk spec import cars (i.e mine from motorpoint) and that i and others would be in serious trouble if this happend again. Also said If i wanted a good trade in i should sell privatley.. all he could offer me was £15,800 for a 182 with cup/spoilers packs. when i asked what the basic list price of the 182 was "he said 14,800 but we will give you 0% finance" when i said so what sort of savings deal can we get on these models he said "0% finance THATS THE DEAL !! no other ones are avaliable to you"

ohh and he said if i had the car serviced anywhere other than the dealership i had invalidated my warrenty ?

wtf was he on ?

i have to say i wish i hadnt stood their for so long taking this utter crap but at least i know one thing.. im never buying from a dealership. im never getting my car serviced at a dealership (rip off prices and delays).

my first service cost an arm and a leg @ reno and my local trusted garage (autoserv) carried out more than what was required the second time round and much cheaper.. they also valleted my car for nothing.

apart from physically owning a renault and only owning one because the 172/182 exist at the moment, i cut my self free from the dealerships completely and will have nothing to do with them, il continue to use uk car brokers or importers and have everything done elsewhere unless its really expensive warenty work which they can sort out and pay for me.

disgusted ! :mad:

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Send the manager a letter.

Invalidating warranties is bs. You can get it done anywhere so long as its done in line with the manafacturers spec.

Perhaps...

Block Exemption does mean that dealers are by law not allowed to monopolise the aftersales market by insisting only certain dealerships can service the marque etc, but as you said, the dealerships/service centers do have to have the relavant training and computer/test equipment as per a main dealer. A Clip for one thing in a Renault dealers.

Soooooo, if the place you get your work done at isnt Renault approved then they could argue their case. HOWEVER, for a manufacturer to claim a warranty is invalidated by non-standard parts or work etc, then they have to be able to prove that a fault is directly caused by said parts/work. Also, in support of this, IIRC Block Exemption also says manufacturers have to allow the use of aftermarket(non-manufacturer) service items/spares now.

You can have services done anywhere, as long as the garage/person is VAT registered..

Imported cars have a 24 month warranty within the UK, an extra 1 year Dealer warranty is available if the chassis number is registered with Renault UK... So 3 years as with UK cars..

R

rich[182]

the salesman is talking out of his arse
not all dealers are bad
write a letter to dealerships manager
also send a copy to renault uk and let manager and renault uk youve told the other

all imports made after december 03 have a full three year waranty automatically now (not 24 months), only difference to uk cars is the aa cover thingy

RB 197 + Cup Pack

I am guessing this is at Dixon Renault?? I went there when I was looking at a Cup , as it is my local dealer, it was crap service so went elsewhere. Since I have heard loadsa horror storys about that place, drove my car to Bradford to have its service because I wouldnt let them touch my car at Dixons!

Quote: Originally posted by joanne on 19 December 2004

I am guessing this is at Dixon Renault?? I went there when I was looking at a Cup , as it is my local dealer, it was crap service so went elsewhere. Since I have heard loadsa horror storys about that place, drove my car to Bradford to have its service because I wouldnt let them touch my car at Dixons!
yea i had my first (and last !) service there dixon renault in york.. they didnt do anything which they had claimed and i had to take it to an independant garage. TBH i cant see their premesis staying there as knowone actually buys a car from there and they have a rep for employing tragic social misfits.

if it wasnt for the 172/182 i wouldnt ever consider another renault and even though il probably get a 182 (although ibiza cupra pd160 is tempting) after that il be moving onto other marques.

172 GTR

One person can make a dealership look very bad. I was spoken to like a child at AUDI once. Me and the girlfriend went to look at a TT for her, the salesman implied that we could not afford one so there was no point wasting his time. WTF did he know. O.K. we were 25 at the time but she is a dentist and I am a property developer. I would never consider having an Audi again.

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 19 December 2004

One person can make a dealership look very bad. I was spoken to like a child at AUDI once. Me and the girlfriend went to look at a TT for her, the salesman implied that we could not afford one so there was no point wasting his time. WTF did he know. O.K. we were 25 at the time but she is a dentist and I am a property developer. I would never consider having an Audi again.
agree ^^^

later on i went into a hifi shop and the level of serivce and interest was incredible. i got private demos of new equipment and coffee biscuits. i only popped in for some information but ended up spending £200s on stuff with pleasure i mite add and i will be going again for the third time this year.

btw im only 26 but my gf (22) is a charted accountant and im a network engineer. so were not completely uselss, we were dressed smartly also and very resonable. even at my age i refuse to be treated or spoken to like this.

172 GTR

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 19 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 19 December 2004

agree ^^^

later on i went into a hifi shop and the level of serivce and interest was incredible. i got private demos of new equipment and coffee biscuits. i only popped in for some information but ended up spending £200s on stuff with pleasure i mite add and i will be going again for the third time this year.

btw im only 26 but my gf (22) is a charted accountant and im a network engineer. so were not completely uselss, we were dressed smartly also and very resonable. even at my age i refuse to be treated or spoken to like this.
In this day and age you cant judge a book by its cover. I know a 19 year old who became a multi-millionaire by selling web space. He started in his bedroom at the age of 15.

Now hes loaded BUT allways looks like hes been dragged through a hedge backwards!

Ford Fiesta

hope you post a letter the manager to put him in his place! dont let him get away with it.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 22 December 2004

Why not try another Dealer ?

Im glad you look at these forums Jeremy, I take it you take on board these comments, are you able to chase these ignorant delaers up?

Liam

I live 2 minutes away from Dixon Reno York and I too have had a number of run-ins with 1 particular salemans there...he is a complete to*sser.

All I wanted was a test drive and to see if he could get anywhere lloyds carselect price....and all get is some rubbish about the demo car being elsewhere + lloyds carselect is an import at its price (bull)...and would have no warranty (more bull)...and if the car was UK then they are illegally undercutting dealers....i just said fair enough and ordered from lloyds, due in 2 weeks.......ive decided to give dixons 2 flying fingers for all servicing requirements...

....only possitive thing was on my second run in with this twerp he sounded like he had a terminal disease...

bet its the same bloke clioRUS

TDI tyre shreader

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 18 December 2004
Send the manager a letter. Invalidating warranties is bs. You can get it done anywhere so long as its done in line with the manafacturers spec.

f**k that just go and see him

Renault wouldnt give me the third year warranty because the service book never had a sticker in it with the chassis number key number etc.. no one told me that when I bought it new from AutoPlanet!! rang customer care they wernt interested..

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 22 December 2004

next dealer is leeds and they are as much use as dixon
I know its not really that near, dogmaul, but Renault have a dealership in Skipton, and its a great drvive from Harrogate on the A59 (25 miles away). Ihavent yet visited any renault dealerships because the 182 has been without faults but thats where I will be taking it first as the Reg Vardy people in Harrogate are clearly competing with the York lot for the c***s of the Year Awards. 8

R26

I think we should all send e-mails to that dealership to complain on mass at the lack of respect shown to our fellow motorist. Post their email address here and complaints about this shmuck will be sent directly.

:mad:
p.s I reckon I would have knocked the c**t out

[Edited by ESCOBAR on 23 December 2004 at 11:49am]

The Jinx

Shame some of you havent responded in my other thread. Its incredibly frustrating though that if your nearestdealer is turd and the next nearest is quite a journey away and their no better.

I bought my cup from Dixon Renault, Clifton Moor in October 2002. They took delivery of two of the first ones, mine and one for one of the salesman. I got a call from them a week after taking delivery. I thought it was a courtesy call but infact it turns out they gave me the wrong car altogether so I had to take it back and pick up the one I was supposed to have. Oh well 500 free miles and a brand new cup with no miles on it after a week!!!

The service there is absolutely shocking. I got a free service out of them for all the hassles I had with them. I think it is a problem with Dixons in general. Even Bradford Volkswagen (actually Dixons). They do seem to have a monopoly in the North round West/North Yorkshire

For the people looking for a dealership in the Harrogate/Leeds/Skipton area, there is Kineholme Renault in Otley. I take my car there and they are fine with me.

otley is a bit far away from selby hehe.. im never taking mine anywhere other than my trusted local garage who have been honest and interested in my car.. the owner does track days and currently tidying up a 1993 scoob type-r i think.. it has all the right diffs and low ration box it will only do 120mph but in gear and 0-60 is awesome.

just dont buy from dealerships, only get expensive warenty work done there and let them foot the bill. most of you on here modify the suspension and engine anyways so a lot of the warenty is void.

just get an import or ukbroker and then service + fix minor faults + car mods at your trusted garage.

merry xmas and to you all !! and a cold boring christmas for renault employees.