ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disklok, any point

Dirty E91

I know the 182 come with a n alrm and immobilser but I thought I might get a disklok when my 182 arrive next week. Anyone here use one?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

well i was gonna then thought...well if they wanna nick it let em...my car is no lambo. im more worried about some1 nicking my headunit than the car itself. i mean it has a clifford on it which shud at least slow em down i suppose.

yeah, defo get one!!

They wont stop a determined pro, but as already said, it will make your average turd think twice as its another thing they will have to overcome.

Otherwise, with no vi deterent, they could brake in, f8ck everything up having a go then vclear off leaving you with a load of damage.

I use one. Costco sell em half price!!!;)

Ford Fiesta

Ive always used one, I have the silver version, well worth it i think, stands out thats why doesnt it, puts people off right away.

i have one & so does my bro & most of my mates,

at the end of the day, its an excellent visual deterrent, and will make the average scum think twice.

costco have stopped selling them now, they used to be 1/2 price.

try ebay now, as most are buy it now for 40.00, but postage is a tenner.

Ford Fiesta

mikec172, there are 2 versions from renault, monocolour screen which is similar to the standard screen already there just slightly larger, and the colour version. One is £1500 the other I think is £1000.

Trophy 263 + 265

get one

as they say nothing will stop a thief determined to have your car.

but they will always goe for the easiest option in the area.

so if someone else hasnt got one they will get the problem not you.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

I got a gear lock with my first car, a stoplock with the last car so now I use them both on the Williams, Alarm, two immobilisers by the time they have got through that lot one of the nosey neighbours would have heard it if i havent. The standard alarm on the Williams is loud as f#ck!!

My mates got a disklok in his Integra, but to be honest they are quite big and u end up with the passenger having to put there feet on it & it gets covered in crap, at least the stoplock can fit behind your seat.

Get one, well worth it, may as well have an extra deterrent. Just by stopping them having a go, youre potentially saving yourself hundreds of pounds in increased insurance due to the huge mess they make.

They are bloody heavy though!

I reckon my disklok stopped would be thieves trying to break into my car, as I woke up one morning to find a scratch on the front wing. I reckon they took one look at the lock and thought..oh well we cant nick it but we can damage it!! They would have caused a load more damage had they tried to break in though, and if youve not got protected no claims youre f**ked.

IMHO Disklok is well worth it mate. As said above can be a pain to store but 2 up behind 1 of seats 4 up, stick it in boot.

Yep get one, ive got one. Defo a visual deterrent, which car would you go for if you had to nick one, One with a dislock or one without??

simple really

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Ive got one and a multilok.

My old mate from school, whos been inside for stealing loads of cars... (were chalk n cheese dont worry), told me he never bothers with cars with them on, too much time and noise.

Also he told me, if youve got one, put it on, even if for 5 minutes. Thieves will pinch a disklok coz theyre so good. In their own time at home, they drill out the lock and theres like two loops on it, that can be locked together using a padlock making it still usable.

hi, i had one on my old car, and that got broke into 3 times whilst the disklok was fitted, and each time they tried to get the lock off, the police said at the time that they were probably using my car to test how easy the disklok was to get off, each time cost me about £300 in repair bills to locks/paint etc, so i have never fitted it again and havnt had a problem since, so i wouldnt personally fit one ever again, i prefer to add another immobiliser/alarm etc.

just my opinion and experience though

Thing is, your average car theif cant steal a 172 anyway, chipped key and I assume standard immobiliser and all that. And anyone who really wants that car isnt gonna be put off by a steering lock!

The problem is, storing it.. and taking it off, putting it on all the time.. heh.

It aint exactly small is it.

Lugged one about in the valver for 4 years and when I got the 172 I just couldnt bring myself to carry on, I found it a real pain, got in the way if I ever carried 4 people and rattled when stored.

Another 3.5 years on and no break ins. Perhaps Im getting complaicent (touches wood) but I think people genaraly know that with a chipped key the car isnt going anywhere (without the proper key).

Is there any hardware where a thief can easily steal a chipped key clio ? I dont recall, dare I say, any stories on here where a 172/cup/182 has been stolen come to think of it, anyone know ?

Obviously a visual deterrent for anyone who doesnt know they wont be able to start it. I would weigh it up on what sort of places you leave it and if youve had any trouble in the past.

I use a stoplock

My theory is, if theres my car parked there with the stop lock on, and my mates car parked next to it without won - which car is a thief going to try nicking?

not going to be mine

Cant really see the point in fitting one to a car like the 182, but if you want that extra bit of security it cant do any harm.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Ive got a cup with the standard alarm, and also a Toad system with a Digi-chirp, so theres 2 flashing LEDs on the centre console, 2 seperate alarms (and a beep whenever someone walks past), and am now going to invest in a Disklok, as the Autolok I had for my old Pug, scratches the plastic detailing on the steering wheel...I think that the harder a car looks to tackle, the more chance some other poor bugger will get of being turned over. Most theives are opportunists, and why give the thieving little scallies a chance? Also, if you get turned over, YOUll have to pay to get it sorted out (or pay the excess on your insurance, and pay more next year!) and all the police will do is not very much...so instead of forking out to have your car repaired, why not invest in keeping it out of theiving eyes?

Fabia vRS

Get a disk lok mate.... I got one and a clifford alarm. extra peace of mind if anything, as for lugging it around, just shows how much u value ur car if ur willing to put it on everytime.

R

rich[182]

Think diskloks are worth it, They will stop the average numpty and although they wont stop the pro the thing you have to remember is the noise required to take one off, plus im sure its at least a 4 or 5 mins job

would advise getting a 2nd set of alloy wheel locking nuts as well, but not renault ones, suggest mcgard, again it slows people down

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

"would advise getting a 2nd set of alloy wheel locking nuts as well, but not renault ones, suggest mcgard, again it slows people down"

Rich, are the Renault ones that bad? Just panicking.....dont want some thieving scally taking my decent wheels, do I?

R

rich[182]

renault ones seem fine to me, just wanted a second set to slow anyone down

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

No worries then, you had me flapping thinking that they were of dubious security ability!!!

Cheers man, take it easy.

Don