ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIY induction setup - help required :)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Basically I want to make my own induction setup for my PH2 1.2 16v rep, I'm not being a gypo and being tight, I can easily get a k&n setup for a low price but I want to get the best results so I presume making one myself will do this.

I need to know what I'll need and the approximate costs involved, any expertise will be much appreciated :)

Thanks
Liam

Rusty Cup
How do you mean make your own? buy a silicone bend and a filter? I guess you are looking for an induction roar rather than bhp gains? If you were looking for bhp gains i would be tempted to get hold of a cliosport airbox with an itg panel filter in. You would need a reducter pipe as the 1.2's throttle body is a smaller diameter than the cliosports. Im not saying this will definitely give you gains but i dont think its the worst idea in the world if this info be true:-

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?445339-Fastcar-Clio-172-Air-Filter-Test

If your after induction noise then its simply guna be silicone bend any filter that takes your fancy/budget done.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
i've just ordered a k&n induction, mainly for the adaptor plate.
I want to pipe a caf but don't know where the best place to put it is?

I didn't actually know that it was possible to put a sport airbox in a non sport, how would this work?

sorry about all of the questions but when it comes to this, I don't know too much :(
cheers dude

do I need a breather filter too?

monaco 172
just put the knn kit on. your not going to get any gains on a 1.2. If you do it wont be noticable.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I'm not after major gains mate, but if I'm doin it I want to do it properly.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
So you're saying that you're better than K&N at designing/developing an air filter?!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Upon reading your post, and thinking about what you wrote; I have deduced that the below is where you are going wrong.

I want to get the best results so I presume making one myself will do this.

:slap:

;)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
kiss it Luke! ;)

I thought that putting a caf in would be better than just havin the k&n induction sitting right next to the engine sucking warm air in.

did you get my text btw?