ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do bump strips fall off

Lee

BMW M2C

Look at my post, things seem to fall off Clios. LOL

Id imagine some thieving pikey has had a away with it though in your case.

Clio

yep they do just fall off . but never heard of it on the mrk 2

mrk 1 - all the f**king time ...........lol

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Mine never fell off and they were loose (mk1)

You have no plastic clips on there so reckon some chavs nicked it mate.

Weird, I, pretty sure it was there when I left the house and then 5 minutes to the garage it had gone, I hadnt left the car either so it either fell off or I didnt notice it was missing when I left. :(

Any ideas on the cost or replacement?

some chave pulled one of mine off and broke all the clips - renaut didnt sell the correct clips seperatly - only sold them with the strip at £27! so i got some old clips and used super double sided sticky pads - no probs since!

Clio

what ever u doo DONT ASK RENO TH PAINT IT THEY TOLD ME 3 WEEKS TO PAINT MY NEW WING MIRROR CASE :eek: AND 35QUID

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

eeek !!!

the only way to get the back one off is to have the front door open as it slides that way!

unless someone just ripped it off!!!!

or all your clips were already broken and it fell iff :S

Its hard to tell in the piccy (from phone) but Im pretty sure there is no damage the the car and as the door would always be closed there seems there is NO way the strip can be removed without damage with the door closed?

7.6cc :D

Drive back along the route and look for it? if you find it, itll properly not be any good to put back on but at least it would have solved your mistery.

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 18 November 2004
Drive back along the route and look for it? if you find it, itll properly not be any good to put back on but at least it would have solved your mistery.

I did have a look on the way home but as the journey was part dual carriage it was hard to see :/

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Pull it hard enough and the plastic clips would come out too prob. Meaning sliding towards the door would be irrelevent.

The clips dont appear to be on the side of the car...do you have them...

Looks like its been yanked off taking the clips too

I dont have anything thats not in that picture.
Will have a closer look tonight to see if there is any damage, Im guessing if its been pulled off then the hole surrounds will be a little bit bent?

there are no clip[s on the car. There are little plastic hooks/clips but they are an integral part of the bump strip so if someone has broken these it is next to useless anyways. You would need to open the door to remove it but as said if it was nicked then they have probably just rippped it off. O and the bad news is replacements arent cheep and they are different to the ones on normal clios as they are smooth not dimpled although i guess a normal one coudl be smoothed and painted and back on your car quite cheeply

Looking at it closer I does seem as tho someone has stolen it. The metal hole nearest the door is slightly bent to Im guessing they pulled it from here and then slid it out.

Least there is no paint damage, might claim it on insurance if its expensive.