ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I get a Ktec???

Swift Sport
Tempted to get a Ktec exhaust for my 197 and I'm struggling to come to a decision tbh!!

Any opinions, good or bad!?

Evo 8 MR
In my experience they have very heavy backboxes and rather large too so getting it to sit right is a problem but it sounds the nuts albeit not quite as loud as I would like it.

Bearing in mind mines not a 197 obviously.

I hava a Ktec/Janspeed cat back system for my 182 and I love it, its quite loud but I think it sounds the nuts and don't mind at all. I never found any of it heavy either, it must have been half the weight of my standard one.

Renault Clio RS 197
rather than doing the cat back system, why not, spend about £60 to get some stainless pipe to run through the mid section, wiping out the mid box and 2nd catalyst, sounds the nuts, cheaper, and can be loud if you want it to be ie flaw it :cool:

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I had the K-tec system on my clio 197 and it sounded the nuts.
Love it, sounded better than my astra vxr i have now.
I miss the sound actually.

DMS

A thirsty 172
The one I've got on my 172 sounds brilliant. Obviously yours is for a 197 though, so will no doubt sound different.
I'd suggest getting one and if you don't like it, sell it someone else. Won't lose much then.