ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I need to declare these:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

First off got an ITG Panel filter from the group buy on here, does this need to be declared to Norwich Union?

Also having my allows refurbed and resprayed anthracite, they are the standard 172 Mk2 wheels. Does this need to be declared.

I know some of you are going to say call them up and see, and well, I have but its an indian call centre and they dont know anything. When I mentioned the alloys getting refurbed and resprayed a darker grey he didnt have a clue and went off for 10 minutes to talk to a manager, after 3 minutes I hung up the phone in a huff.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Alloy refurb, id have thaught not as there still standard alloys. and panel filter also no as thats like a service change anyways just a new filter not an IK kit.

Correct me of wrong.......

/Craig

Why not ring and ask, they might say "thanks for telling us, well put that down in writing but there wont be any extra charges"

...worked for me :D

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 13 August 2005
Why not ring and ask, they might say "thanks for telling us, well put that down in writing but there wont be any extra charges"

...worked for me :D

Still await correction ;)

But wise to ask tho and make sense out of the call center.
Also where you based and getting your alloys refurbed?

Id say no to the ITG, alloys possibly. It is best to check. The ITG panel filter is classified as an OEM replacement unit, just like the ones you could buy from halfrauds, so doesnt need to be declared. The alloy, although are original, will have been modifed, they probably wont charge any extra, they werent going to charge me any extra for my cat back exhaust, so doubt they will for the alloys.

Clio 172mk2

optical: any chance of a piccy sending to me of yer alloys and how much did they cost for em doing

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

panel filter, no way its a direct replacement part, if that was the case, what do you about so called performance sprak plugs/leads , performance tyres that grip better........ everything on it these days has performance stamped all over it, mr average aint goning to know

leave it, i read on somewere that if part is a direct replacement, ie filter fits in the same housing its fine

[Edited by gt_gaz on 13 August 2005 at 5:16pm]

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Im with NU and declared my ITG panel as a direct replacement to save money at service time - no £14 paper filters for me.

When asked if it increased performance I said I had no idea...I was doing it to save money!

They noted it, but there was no premium increase payable.

Quote: Originally posted by gt_gaz on 13 August 2005

panel filter, no way its a direct replacement part, if that was the case, what do you about so called performance sprak plugs/leads , performance tyres that grip better........ everything on it these days has performance stamped all over it, mr average aint goning to know

leave it, i read on somewere that if part is a direct replacement, ie filter fits in the same housing its fine

[Edited by gt_gaz on 13 August 2005 at 5:16pm]
Think youve said it all really Mr AVerage wont know :)

The fact that insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying out oh and btw they dont employ mr averages ;-)

Dont be so fecking dumb tell them mate or you aint insured!

ST

Quote: Originally posted by biojo on 13 August 2005

optical: any chance of a piccy sending to me of yer alloys and how much did they cost for em doing
Have a look in my profile matey.......i was the 1st one on here with powder coated anthracite MK2 172 rims, way back in january this year.......

Cheers, Al. ;)

193 mk2

spraying your rimms isnt an infringment, as thay are still std equipment only diff colour, panel filter is upto you, if your worried tell them.its not a big mod, so u shouldnt be charged much, if at all.

R

rich[182]

declare the ITG, its not OEM no matter how you look at it, if you think it offers no advantage over renaults paper filter why buy it ?