ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you know

Clio v6

Of any company who could mould a thick perspex sheet to a particular size and shape for me?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Dash

I would try any graphics company, or sign makers, as they will have good access to materials and equipment needed. Have a look in the Yellow Pages.....

GR7

Shiny red R32

I have just had a quick look and found Protech Plastics. Check out their site as they seem to do everything.

www.thebbgroup.co.uk/protechplastics
E-mail sales@thebbgroup.co.uk
Tel: 01325 310520

Clio v6

Thanks for the ideas. I am hoping to have a perpex inner engine cover made but it seems like it will be a bit of a job cutting and bending to shape plus adding the lockdown screws.

Just thought that as millions of people keep asking me to see the engine it would be easier than removing both outter and inner covers all the time.

One Nova boy at the lights reckoned I had a solid bass and amps system installed inside the car and he wanted me to blash some Garage out. ( Does Shirely Bassey do Garage ? )

I expect he was surprised at just how quick my car went with all that stereo equipment loading my rear end down :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why dont you get the whole car body made in clear perspex then you could see everything! That would be different and it wouldnt rust either!

Williams 2, STi N12

This could cost a small fortune!! I have the entire model of the V6 in CAD data so could design you a perpex cover and get it made. However the properties of such a cover would be quite a challenge, for a start it has to deal with the high temp of the engine and over time this would suffer from degredation and discolour - probably becoming yellow. The best bet is to buy a thick sheet from a DIY store and mould it into shape yourself using a blowtourch or something similar, like a paint-stripper gun. Drill a few holes in it and there you go. Nice and cheap but easily repeatable if needed.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Have you sorted this yet James? I agree that a perspex cover would be great to show off the engine of your modified Maxi ;).