ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you think my mates car is standard?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Basically this ain't about a clio but i was just curious! I was out in my mates car last night he has a 60 plate festia which is a ST replica. He has lowered it as low as he can go and put some £700 quid bbs rims on it. His dad owns a car garage which is where he has done all the work on his car but he claims he has done no performance mods to the car only exterior styling. Well driving down the dual carriage ways he was getting 100mph in 4th gear and getting 120 in 5th and 130 down hill being only a 1.25L festia? In your opinion do you think he has modded it or just delimited it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Even it was modded i can't see a 1.2 fiesta doing 130

Get the speed app for your iphone

Basically this ain't about a clio but i was just curious! I was out in my mates car last night he has a 60 plate festia which is a ST replica. He has lowered it as low as he can go and put some £700 quid bbs rims on it. His dad owns a car garage which is where he has done all the work on his car but he claims he has done no performance mods to the car only exterior styling. Well driving down the dual carriage ways he was getting 100mph in 4th gear and getting 120 in 5th and 130 down hill being only a 1.25L festia? In your opinion do you think he has modded it or just delimited it?

lol

53 Clio's & counting
Clio discussion?

Did you see the speedo with your own eyes?

Either lying about the speed, or the wheels have stuck the speedo reading out.

To tune a 1.2 engine to perform to a genuine 130mph would be a massive cost, so no it won't be tuned, but it wouldn't have been ding 130 anyway

It won't be speed limited either

Clio RS200
Delimited? Book specs are 13 seconds 0-60 and a top end of 103 so unless you've got a picture of under the bonnet, who knows, but sounds like it.

Inferno 225 cup
e8yny8e5.jpg

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Delimited? Book specs are 13 seconds 0-60 and a top end of 103 so unless you've got a picture of under the bonnet, who knows, but sounds like it.
Defiantly got to have a look under it soon! it sounds like its not standard but he is so deteminded it is!

53 Clio's & counting
quite possible if the wheels have stuck the speedo out a bit and the momentum of downhill can easily add 10+ mph to a car - along the flat it probably wouldn't show more than about 110 ish which is about right for standard once you adjust for speedo error

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Clio discussion?

Did you see the speedo with your own eyes?

Either lying about the speed, or the wheels have stuck the speedo reading out.

To tune a 1.2 engine to perform to a genuine 130mph would be a massive cost, so no it won't be tuned, but it wouldn't have been ding 130 anyway

It won't be speed limited either
Yes I was in the front seat looking over as he was building up his speed and i know his speedo isn't out because i've flown past him down hill at 110 before and he caught up and overtook me which is like WTF.
But i did clearly state it wasn't about a clioo

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
quite possible if the wheels have stuck the speedo out a bit and the momentum of downhill can easily add 10+ mph to a car - along the flat it probably wouldn't show more than about 110 ish which is about right for standard once you adjust for speedo error

Yeah i know you go 10+mph faster down hill, but i've drove past him down hill at 110 and he overtook mee?

53 Clio's & counting
Yes I was in the front seat looking over as he was building up his speed and i know his speedo isn't out because i've flown past him down hill at 110 before and he caught up and overtook me which is like WTF.
But i did clearly state it wasn't about a clioo

i know mate but you still posted it in clio discussion lol.

so he has overtaken you at 110 - your speedo will be out too - all speedos have a degree of error mate.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
i know mate but you still posted it in clio discussion lol.

so he has overtaken you at 110 - your speedo will be out too - all speedos have a degree of error mate.
Well sorry to offend.
Mate i posted this to see what people think, not for a debate i only stated what i have seen with my own eyes otherwise seriously what would be the point.

53 Clio's & counting
Well sorry to offend.
Mate i posted this to see what people think, not for a debate i only stated what i have seen with my own eyes otherwise seriously what would be the point.

No ofence taken, just pointing out there are other sections for other model desicussions dude

Um, you asked peoples opinions mate - i have given my opinion? You said will it have been tuned, I said no as speedos over read, and that could have been worsened by the aftermarket wheels he has fitted if the rolling radius is different than the standard wheels, so although it may have shown 130 odd mph on the speedo, the car will have in fact been travelling less - maybe 118-120 mph, which due to the fact he was going downhill at the time expains why he was showing that speed.

Don't take offence, I was mearly trying to explain why it will have shown that speed :)

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
No ofence taken, just pointing out there are other sections for other model desicussions dude

Um, you asked peoples opinions mate - i have given my opinion? You said will it have been tuned, I said no as speedos over read, and that could have been worsened by the aftermarket wheels he has fitted if the rolling radius is different than the standard wheels, so although it may have shown 130 odd mph on the speedo, the car will have in fact been travelling less - maybe 118-120 mph, which due to the fact he was going downhill at the time expains why he was showing that speed.

Don't take offence, I was mearly trying to explain why it will have shown that speed :)
I didn't realize there was as I don't go scrolling through the forums muchh
But fair enough man, like i said only posted to see what everyone's opinions would be purely because i'm having a lazy day! But yeah his wheels are so wide its a joke barely legal and so low that when he has a car full of people it occasionally scrapes the floor and scrapes every speed bump lmao!

53 Clio's & counting
I didn't realize there was as I don't go scrolling through the forums muchh
But fair enough man, like i said only posted to see what everyone's opinions would be purely because i'm having a lazy day! But yeah his wheels are so wide its a joke barely legal and so low that when he has a car full of people it occasionally scrapes the floor and scrapes every speed bump lmao!

Lol, a bit low for daily use then!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
What you smiling about?

Dude i almost had you...

Almost had me?... you never had me, you never had your car!

Granny shifting not double clutching like you should

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Could be that he's taken the spare wheel out, that thing's heavy.

Plus if you put 97ron petrol in (along with some of that NOS Octane booster they sell at halfords) that gives you extra power too.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.

Plus if you put 97ron petrol in (along with some of that NOS Octane booster they sell at halfords) that gives you extra power too.
I didn't actually think that NOS Octane Booster actually would make a difference to a standard car? But yeah he's took the spare wheel out i think and replaced it with a f**king huge sub lmfao!

Inferno 225 cup
Did he have is wipers on???

Reason I ask, is that with speed of the wipers on (say notch3, fast mode) with how quick these wipers wipe, it creates downforce and throws the air over the car.

Could be a possibility

Maybe.

Mcgherkin said:

Plus if you put 97ron petrol in (along with some of that NOS Octane booster they sell at halfords) that gives you extra power too.​

I didn't actually think that NOS Octane Booster actually would make a difference to a standard car? But yeah he's took the spare wheel out i think and replaced it with a f**king huge sub lmfao!

v46ipy.gif