ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you think my mates car is standard?

v46ipy.gif

Just me that clocked her tits before the sign then?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Did he have is wipers on???

Reason I ask, is that with speed of the wipers on (say notch3, fast mode) with how quick these wipers wipe, it creates downforce and throws the air over the car.

Could be a possibility

Maybe.

This! It's also determined by the position of the drivers seat.. If its led back it creates a better centre of gravity.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Did he have is wipers on???

Reason I ask, is that with speed of the wipers on (say notch3, fast mode) with how quick these wipers wipe, it creates downforce and throws the air over the car.

Could be a possibility

Maybe.

It was raining a little, but i'd say it was on notch 2 not 3, but thinking about it like that, could be a big possibility!

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
This! It's also determined by the position of the drivers seat.. If its led back it creates a better centre of gravity.
The car had 4 people in it, which adds to weight it was probably 5mm off the road and sometimes you could hear it hit the floor or the wheel hitting the arches?

LOL he just told me his side skirts fell off going over speed bumps near mine yesterday

182, SQ7, Trafic
So to summarise, he was doing 130mph in a 3 door car with 4 people in, two who I presumed were in the back, in conditions that needed the window wipers to be near on full?

I sincerely hopes he has the guts to stand up in court when he crashes and kills all his friends as to say why he was doing it.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I didn't realize there was as I don't go scrolling through the forums muchh
But fair enough man, like i said only posted to see what everyone's opinions would be purely because i'm having a lazy day! But yeah his wheels are so wide its a joke barely legal and so low that when he has a car full of people it occasionally scrapes the floor and scrapes every speed bump lmao!

This leaves me with several observations,

what's barely legal? - if it tyres at those speeds he deserves what he gets
if his car scrapes the road because it's so low he liable to be fined for criminal damage - rightly so, i pay far too much road tax to drive on s**t roads, i don't need nobbers like that ruining them more.
if his car is that low, it wont get onto a ramp to be mot'd, this is an instant failure, i'd love to see him get pulled and sent off for a retest

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
if his car scrapes the road because it's so low he liable to be fined for criminal damage - rightly so, i pay far too much road tax to drive on s**t roads, i don't need nobbers like that ruining them more.

It's alright, he's flattening out every bump for you.

I have some pretty nice VPN options at my disposal. If I could be bothered to setup an email address, I'd need a much bigger boat.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
This leaves me with several observations,

what's barely legal? - if it tyres at those speeds he deserves what he gets
if his car is that low, it wont get onto a ramp to be mot'd, this is an instant failure, i'd love to see him get pulled and sent off for a retest

His dad own's his own garage, does his MOT for him, also i've been told if your tyres are wider than your wheel arches they are illegal, when his are not he has already been pulled over for something, the cop mentioned it, he said they legal cop looked it up and set him on his wayy

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
If your tyres extend passed your arches by 5mm (i think) then thats where the law steps in.
if his dad is moting it and its not legal hes in for a serious bumming by plod if it gets looked into

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
If your tyres extend passed your arches by 5mm (i think) then thats where the law steps in.
if his dad is moting it and its not legal hes in for a serious bumming by plod if it gets looked into
Yeah something like that i'm not 100% sure on it either! But yeah he sure would! Doubt he'd stop untill that happened though !