ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do you use your satnav

Clio 1.4, SV650S

im well tempted to get a PDA with tomtom and later upgrade to the speed camera software too but its pretty expensive.

does everyone who has one use it regularly or have they just been collecting dust in a draw!?

so many times i think it would be useful but is it just a novelty?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Youd have to do a lot of miles to justify one really.

I can only think of one occasion in the last year where it would have come in handy.

A factory fit one is cool and a show off gadget but I wouldnt buy a kit.

Ive got a Nokia 6600 and theres a tomtom gps kit on ebuyer for £175, and though thats good, just not necessary, for me anyway.

Speed camera detector would be better spent cash.

I have a Ipaq 3950 and the tomtom 3 Cf version which i use alot and its superb! never had a problem with it and worth every penny. The updates from the tomtom site are good and its easy to use!...

It depends how much travelling you do to warrant spending the cash on it I think. I went for the rikaline one form gpsmods.

I used it on my CarPC - worked well, but I got bored of moving the screen all the time so sold it.

If I had a PDA, Id definetly use that I guess.. when I needed it.

Clio 197

I had a car with Sat Nav. I got it just as I moved to a new town... so I used it to find where I was going, and to go and see customers (sales rep).

I had it six months, then I crashed. Two weeks in a courtesy car, with no sat nav...... I didnt even know where I lived! It was quite bad.

If you rely on it, your brain will be less able to cope with storing directions, and orientation. Its a fact: Post mortems on Taxi drivers brains, reveal that their brains are enlarged in those particular areas that are used direction/oreientation because they are used a lot over a period of years.

So.... Sat Nav leads to brain shrinkage! :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 24 September 2004

I had a car with Sat Nav. I got it just as I moved to a new town... so I used it to find where I was going, and to go and see customers (sales rep).

I had it six months, then I crashed. Two weeks in a courtesy car, with no sat nav...... I didnt even know where I lived! It was quite bad.

If you rely on it, your brain will be less able to cope with storing directions, and navigating. Its a fact: Post mortems on Taxi drivers brains, reveal that their brains are enlarged in those particular areas that are used direction/navigation.

So.... Sat Nav leads to brain shrinkage! :eek: <SCRIPT language=javascript>

hahhahahahaha........................Which ones my car please car park attendant? and sorry madam i thought I lived here so I will just make the bed again and leave quietly :oops:

Ford Fiesta

ive got renault sat nav in my 182 and use it a lot now, not for finding places most of the time its used for TMC to avoid jams and delays on way to work etc.

Got an IPAQ 3630 with the Navman GPS sleeve and put tomtom software on it. It is great, but you do need to use it plenty as the costs are high. Got all but the software off ebay and saved about 50% on the price. Also added GPSASSIST, bolt on software to TomTom for adding and alerting on POI (points of interest) which include speedcamera and red traffic light sites. These seem to get updates quite regularly. Software alerts you twice before the camera (though does not know which way the camera is facing). It also has a speedlimiter reminder alarm which is handy, and can be set to 5 or 6 different limits. All in all well recommended. Cost about £20 for this, but is on free trial for a while.