ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dodgy/intermitant wipers on a megane helppppp!

arctic 182 ff
hi,sorry i know its not a clio but my mate is having a mare with his 225 trophy wipers,when operating the wipers in any position on the stalk,they take ages to work and when they do they go across the screen very slow more so like on and off/judder at a slow speed if that makes sense,renault said it needed a new motor which he has tried off a mates car but it made no difference(i was thinking possible relay?:S.just thought that someone on here may have heard of this or came across it before.think he has tried megsport but had no joy.any feedback would be much appreciated.ta

arctic 182 ff
hi,thanks for reply,he is going to drop the car off for me tomorrow,and will check that myself.i think he said he has checked it and it is getting 12v.whats the upc ? is that a control unit of some sort thanks gaz

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
UPC is the controler to the right of the battery under a plastic top these get water in cause corodsion to form thus making the connectors have high resistance

arctic 182 ff
cheers guys thats great,im getting the car tomorrow now to look at,and will report back findings much appreciated.bet that upc aint cheap lol

arctic 182 ff
UPC is the controler to the right of the battery under a plastic top these get water in cause corodsion to form thus making the connectors have high resistance

getting the car tomorrow is this upc under the fuse box ? also what size is it what does it look like ? how will i be able to tell if its at fault is the corrosin visible ? sorry to be a pain thanks gaz

Megane dci 130
around 90 pounds iirc. But it has to be programmed with clip. Also the ECU battery and battery tray has to come out on 225 to get to it.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
getting the car tomorrow is this upc under the fuse box ? also what size is it what does it look like ? how will i be able to tell if its at fault is the corrosin visible ? sorry to be a pain thanks gaz

it is that fuse box when you take the plastic cover off. yea if you pull the pulls out it will be wet or green mold in there or rust.

arctic 182 ff
cheers for all your help guys,just finished the car,removed wiper cover/scuttle pannel and found where the motor is mount/scuttle tray that it was 4 inches deep with water,both drain hoses blocked,and the wiring for the wiper motor comes up next to one of those on the ns,removed battery,ecu,tray,airfilter.removed insulation and x2 wires were rottern,and water from scuttle had also been dripping onto the 2 earths that fasten to chassis leg n/s and they were green,repaired wiring and cleaned earths,checked all fuses in ups connections ect reassembled.wipers now ok.thanks again gaz.:)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
check the car inside in the floor traps ( storage compartment) for water if its damp then there is wiring connectors under there and they tend to rot out. glad you found it.