ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy Petrol?

I was going to work yesterday and as i pulled out the drive and accelerated away, the revs would rise then dip as if the car was being choked then rise up a second later.

It did this about 5 or 6 times down my street and after that was fine.

Do you think this was just some dodgy petrol or maybe all the shite at the bottom of the tank being sucked up?
I had just over 1 bar of fuel in the car at the time.

Also should i maybe get the fuel filters etc replaced as i don't know how long ago these were done?

Cheers guys

Problem turned out to be the timing belt slipping and now my engines fucked coz its gone completely :|:(

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
Only got it in December and i doubt the previous owner even thought about changing the belts, they were 3 years overdue

She always had it serviced at Renault as her cousin was a mechanic there, i just assumed he would of done it at the proper intervals since he works for renault but obviously not.
All i have service wise for the car are its MOTs :(

Albi Blue RS 200
Never assume, until you have an invoice for the work you should have rushed it to the garage to get those belts done.

Unlucky dude hope you find a replacement ok.