ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy/unstable steering, changed inner track rods and ends

Volantech CC Panels
I bought my 182 last Thursday and proceeded to sorting out all the little bits it needed. The tracking was definitely out and the steering felt dodgy at times so I wanted to refresh the front suspension and make it feel fresh. When changing the track rod ends at the wheel alignment centre, we discovered there was play in the inner rods but it was too late in the day to buy them so i went ahead with the track rod ends and done the tracking. Once I left with my wheels supposedly straight, the car felt even worse, it would hit something and it's like it would knock it right out, it was also knocking, so i went and changed the inner tie rods today. Now, when i hit a bump or something uneven in the road it comes through to the steering wheel and moves it slightly (enough to be able to feel it). Anyone know what the problem could be? Any input?

Now, when i hit a bump or something uneven in the road it comes through to the steering wheel and moves it slightly (enough to be able to feel it). Anyone know what the problem could be? Any input?
That's what these cars a know for its called steering feedback.